• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAPs with Excellent DAC Performance Under $500

Doorstop5848

In the coming months, I want to invest in a DAP. However, I see that there are few DAPs with a well-implemented DAC, according to what I have seen in reviews (taking into account SINAD). I understand that there are other priorities when making a DAP, but for me, I want a DAP with a good DAC so that I only have to invest in a good amplifier and have the benefits of portability. What DAP under 500 dollars can I consider? Thank you very much in advance.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor

I have the previous version, AP80 Pro, very happy with it.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had several, but something to consider if I had to do the same thing on budget: I'd get a phone with a 5,000ma battery like the Moto G Power I have for $124. Also a Tanhjim Space USB dongle $89 with excellent performance. I have the SMSL DL200 combo DAC amp for $179 on Amazon.
I've had some high end stuff like the Astrall & Kern, but the hassle of another device to carry and keep charged wasn't worth it. Also replacing the batteries in them is usually an ordeal. Travel with the Space, and have a permanent combo at home.

Top Bottom