• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC with XLR, preamp, remote control (around 300€)

oneanother

Hello there,

Please, help me with recommendation for DAC up to 300€. I have these major requirements:
- XLR balanced out
- Optical in
- preamp
- remote control

I will use it connected to TV as a preamp for class D amps (Fosi ZA3).

From my research I found the SMSL D6s as ideal option for my needs. I just need to be ensured that it is good choice. The only thing I don't like is the prehistoric display. I would highly prefer some OLED with nicer graphics.
Is the D6s right choice or do you have any other recommendation? I will appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

frabor

It checks all boxes and I would get it for myself: balanced, remote, over 120db, low jitter, multiple inputs and universal built in power supply.The only thing that you have to check is if it has the codecs you want for bt. Looks and pannel is subjective,I like it, but if you are willing to spend 2-3 times more, units will be more substantial with better looks. I think this is awesome

Its basically bit perfect clear / transparent and your bottleneck will be the fosi.

Check the ratings, a new unit with similar specs is released everyday, even at the sub 300 euros price.

frabor

The dl200 looks even nicer with a headphone amp.

OP
O

oneanother

DL200 doesn't have XLR output. So it seems I will order D6s.

I like my teac ud-503 which does that - bit only as a used item purchase - awesome device though since it also provides line in ….

Top Bottom