• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Preamp?

OldTimer

good example

its like those "winner's dont use drugs" comparisons

this is your brain on dope

this is your brain on wheat bread, lean meat, greens and whole milk
Probably need warming up before doing the test.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Hello, Im searching for some good PREAMP. Must have remote control, XLR is desirable...could be all analog...? (So no DAC...just preamp, neede for external DAC to power AMP.
per post #3......

I have no idea when Fosi Audio will release this preamp. It may be significantly cheaper than a Schiit Kara. I say that only because the 'companion' ZA3 amplifier due for release this month is available for 125 euros at Audiophonics

EDIT - I do not see a provision for a remote control in the proposed preamp from Fosi Audio

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
IF you can live without balanced, Schiit Saga S for $300...otherwise, yeah, their new one...quite a price difference.

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What do you want a pre-amp for? How many inputs? Knowing what problem you are trying to solve might help?

WiiM Pro Plus? Analogue and Digital input, decent ADC so sends good digital out to your DAC. Adds PEQ and has a remote ... don't know if that helps?

OP
S

silver12

In the end choose Topping A70, 423EUR in EU...didnt found better price...thanks to all :)

OP
S

silver12

And in the (second end :)) end bought Vincent SA 32...will se, hybrid...

OP
S

silver12

Just finished setup:
Streamer: Wiimpro
Preamp: Vincent SA 32
DAC: Schiit Modius
AMP: NAD C268
Speakers: Polk R200 (for now...)
Cables XLR 2x, qed.., Supra power strip 6x, filter

Very happy...its good choice for me...i used to listen Deezer before, more energetic sound, lots of high...but now is better Tidal, do little less bass (Vincent do better bass) and more airnes...sound is natural, organic...dont want too much detail-analytic sound...

Top Bottom