• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Imagine doing a cover with the artist in the audience...

Speaking of Kennedy Center Honors performances, watching Bono sing along to Eddie Vedder on "One" is one for the ages.

Musically my favorite rendition of "One" is still Bono + Mary J. Blige, but Eddie does it damn well too.

Multicore

Major Contributor
What do you think of the Todd Terje version of Johnny & Mary with Brian Ferry on vocals?

I'm down with it, despite the preposterous melodrama and cheesy Chariots of Fire and other 80s stylings. Sometimes, when you're in the mood, having it layed on way, way too thick is just the ticket.

There's an official video you can look for on your own. I find the luxurious pictures perfectly at odds with the sentiment of the song so I don't recommend.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From the website of The Boss: "His 21st studio album with Columbia Records, Only The Strong Survive is a collection of fifteen soul music greats celebrating soul music gems from the legendary catalogues of Motown, Gamble and Huff, Stax and many more. 'I wanted to make an album where I just sang,' said Bruce Springsteen. 'And what better music to work with than the great American songbook of the Sixties and Seventies?'" The Boss does soul covers with horns, strings, back-up singers, slick production values... And it all works just fine. Here are 2 official videos from the 2022 release, along with a YouTube link to the full album, where 2 more videos are also available. Please enjoy some soulful Springsteen to start the new year.

Bruce Springsteen, "Only The Strong Survive," YouTube link, full album.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
More live harmonies from Josh and friends

Last edited:

KJohnM

KJohnM

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
I posted about Larkin Poe's new album Blood Harmony here, and discovered they have a whole slew of video, duet, covers on YouTube. Below are 2, and a link to the playlist of 116 (!) videos follows. Most are acoustic, slide guitar and voice. Please enjoy.

Larkin Poe Cover Channel on YouTube.

MoreWatts

Forum Donor

spiral scratch

What do you think of the Todd Terje version of Johnny & Mary with Brian Ferry on vocals?

I'm down with it, despite the preposterous melodrama and cheesy Chariots of Fire and other 80s stylings. Sometimes, when you're in the mood, having it layed on way, way too thick is just the ticket.

I think it's beautiful and Ferry's vocal is perfect. I don't find it cheesy at all.

spiral scratch

Perhaps my all time favorite cover...

Purists will likely hate it, which is partially why I love it. Partridge does a wonderfully twisted dylanesque performance.

Top Bottom