• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Coolest" Song You've Heard

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone

Red Hot Clili Peppers - Sir Psycho Sexy

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The ultimate shoe gazer anthem:

I don't think I have any idea what cool is, in common with everyone else in this thread I'd say, but I do know shoegaze, and this isn't, though I do like it. A true shoegaze anthem will be along soon.

JohnnyAudio

Born to be wild

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
When I was a kid in the late seventies, I thought this was the coolest song ever:

Now, probably this one:

People enjoying it:

Last edited:

eddantes

Who knew this would be the gateway drug that gets this synth kid into jazz

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
"She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running like a watercolor in the rain"

When I think of cool, I think of this song.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running like a watercolor in the rain"

That's a great tune. The line

You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre contemplating a crime

Is also pretty cool.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it is important to distinguish between cool and cold, in these matters. Cool is one thing, but for sheer musical cold, I'm thinking that Eskimo by the Residents hits those sub-arctic temps everyone else is trying to achieve, but with little success.

It began with the Mysterious N. Senada, who developed his Theory of Obscurity based upon a certain idea of phonetic musical organization, that within the Polar Regions native music contained a musical 'missing link'. Leaving civilization behind in order to test his ideas, the musicologist was last seen driving a team of dogs northward across packed snow, adjacent to the shores of Foulk Fjord, near an abandoned weather station at Reindeer Point. Some say he eventually took a wife and now lives life as an Inuit shaman among the wandering tribes. Others are not so sure, but simply think he only wanted to lay low, and kick out the jams.

However it was, before he left civilization proper he managed to send a box of tapes he had recorded during one of a tribal festival, which were later rearranged into what we now know as his Arctic Symphony, concluding with these inspired words:

At last, the first rays of sunlight began to appear over the horizon, signaling the end of six months of winter darkness.

Gratefully, the Dead have released their hold once more.

And let's face it, when the Polar Bear throws back a Coke, what could be cooler than that?

Hiten

When I was young this was the coolest for me. After listening to this somebody said "Life cant be that good".

Then I moved on to other songs. I liked Alice Coltran's Journey to Satchidananda, Osibisa - Komfo High Priest

These days this is coolest for me

I was introduced to this recently by internet radio. It was cover version So searched the interent and found original artist.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor

This is a nice reaction video to this song. :cool: From 8:30 they realise how this song builds and builds, violin, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and to top it all of, a saxophone.

Last edited:

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Another two cool favourites:

lovelo

Forum Donor
Quelle est la chanson la plus cool que vous ayez jamais entendue ?

Pas nécessairement la meilleure chanson mais quelque chose avec un facteur « chill ».

Mon vote va à "Woke Up This Morning" d'Alabama 3.

Top Bottom