• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Considering the following for Desktop nearfield 2.1 setup..which one your prefer?

Which one would you buy or suggest something else. Speaker height cant be over 11.25"

• Edifier S360db or 350db

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klipsch Promedia Heritage 2.1

• Emotiva B1+ ($225 used) + Douk Audio M1 PRO + Polk Audio PSW108 sub ($160 used)

• Neumi BS5 + Douk Audio M1 PRO + Polk Audio PSW108 sub ($160 used)

• Razer Nomo Pro ($250 used)

• PSB Alpha P3 + Douk Audio M1 PRO + Polk Audio PSW108 sub ($160 used)

• Total voters

GabrielPhoto

Hi!
So I want to upgrade my lame desktop sound bar but I have size limit and dont want to spend a ton since I dont use the speakers all the time. Just that when i want to use them, I want decent sound.
I have a height limitation 11" for the speakers.
I was leaning towards the Emotiva B1+ with the M1 Pro mini amp and a Polk PS108 sub or similar not huge and under $200 sub since this will be just for music and some random tv watching while working.
I can get the B1+ used for $225.
Now, the Neumi looks very nice and has good reviews and can save me almost $100! Is the B1+ worth the extra $125?
I like big sound stage and imaging and it seems the Neumi does well with the Soundstage part.

The Razer Nomo Pro is likely the least interesting to me with its smaller drivers, smaller sub..just like the looks and that a local posted it yesterday for sale lol Also the wires seem like a ugly mess.

The Promedia Heritage 2.1 seems to get good reviews too and has a 8" sub at least. Dont like the grills but without them, it looks nice.

The Edifier S360db (or 350db except wire management is more messy on this one), is pretty high in my list right now because sound seems great, it is small and looks good as a bonus. But the 360db costs more than the rest of my choices.

I am guessing the B1+ or Neumi will have the better speakers? But not sure if the M1 Pro will be handicapping them and even things out vs something like the Edifier?

The PSB Alpha P3 will be the most expensive unless I find it used as well but the size is very nice for sure for my desktop.

Thoughts?

PS The sub option for the Neumi and Emotiva is still open for other options. Just picked that one based on Erin's comparisons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom