• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chipset tpa3116 or Infineon ma12070

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Ahhh IC. Too bad the Aiyima failed. Is the display dark?
Some parts of the display are not as bright as others , which makes it difficult for me to read what the screen displays , I have to guess , but it works !!! lol

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Some parts of the display are not as bright as others , which makes it difficult for me to read what the screen displays , I have to guess , but it works !!! lol
It sounds like the backlight illumination has failed. There are probably little little light bulbs in there behind the LCD and they have died. It is very common with LCD displays.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is a OLED display... Not LCD. I checked just now.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
2_0ee9dd66-dec9-4670-a69d-afd1d36b699d_1024x1024.jpg

notsodeadlizard

That's not my question , my question is, between these two amps, which one would have the warmest sound please ? I don't ask anything else
These penny chip single chip amps are for high volume products like TVs.
Do you ask the seller "Does this TV sound warm" when you buy a TV?
No?
So...

TheWalkman

According to you , there is a chipset that is better than the other between these two chipsets ?
I never said one was better or worse. I merely posted links to the underlying chip specs sheets for you to review.

To the other posters’ points, a quality amp has no coloration or warmth: it should be completely transparent and neither add nor subtract anything from the original sound source.

Here‘s the objective data for the chips. If you feel that one meets your needs based on the objective data, i.e. more power, less distortion, etc. buy it. If this data is too technical, read reviews for the amps. Otherwise, flip a coin, buy an and give it a test drive.

That‘s what I’m saying…

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

That is a OLED display... Not LCD. I checked just now.
Yes, it is the OLED display which is defective, it has differences of levels of lighting , the inscriptions on the screen became practically illegible .

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I never said one was better or worse. I merely posted links to the underlying chip specs sheets for you to review.

To the other posters’ points, a quality amp has no coloration or warmth: it should be completely transparent and neither add nor subtract anything from the original sound source.

Here‘s the objective data for the chips. If you feel that one meets your needs based on the objective data, i.e. more power, less distortion, etc. buy it. If this data is too technical, read reviews for the amps. Otherwise, flip a coin, buy an and give it a test drive.

That‘s what I’m saying…
I just wanted to know if between these two chipsets there was one with a warmer sound than the other. Then you say that a good amp should be as neutral as possible, of course, but that's a matter of taste, for me there's nothing more boring than an amp with a neutral sound, yet a lot of people love it , me I find it bland , in hifi I have never liked DENON, YAMAHA ... all these brand amps that are known to be neutral, after that it remains a matter of taste of the sounds that we like!

Gruesome

Forum Donor
I already have an equalizer on my sound card !!!
I notice you turned 32 and 64Hz up, but the rest of the bass down, mids and highs at neutral. For more warmth I'd have expected at least 125Hz and 250Hz to be set higher. I don't know whether your speakers put out much at 32 and 64Hz.
As already mentioned, the SA300 provides USB input, just like your D03. The A50 does not.

There are affordable amps with vacuum tubes in the amplification path, but from the little I have read it is not clear to me that they actually do achieve the 'tube sound' you may or may not be after. As in, if they are push-pull (two tubes in differential mode), they suppress instead of enhance the second harmonics. If you find one that actually does enhance the 2nd harmonic, then my next question would be how adding higher frequencies provides more 'warmth', which usually means less not more higher frequencies. In any case, if you buy such an amp, you are pretty much stuck with the distorted sound (you can't out-correct the added harmonics), whereas a parametric equalizer gives you (almost) infinite freedom for your sound curve (but not distortion).

Last edited:
OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I notice you turned 32 and 64Hz up, but the rest of the bass down, mids and highs at neutral. For more warmth I'd have expected at least 125Hz and 250Hz to be set higher. I don't know whether your speakers put out much at 32 and 64Hz.
As already mentioned, the SA300 provides USB input, just like your D03. The A50 does not.

There are affordable amps with vacuum tubes in the amplification path, but from the little I have read it is not clear to me that they actually do achieve the 'tube sound' you may or may not be after. As in, if they are push-pull (two tubes in differential mode), they suppress instead of enhance the second harmonics. If you find one that actually does enhance the 2nd harmonic, then my next question would be how adding higher frequencies provides more 'warmth', which usually means less not more higher frequencies. In any case, if you buy such an amp, you are pretty much stuck with the distorted sound (you can't out-correct the added harmonics), whereas a parametric equalizer gives you (almost) infinite freedom for your sound curve (but not distortion).
The frequencies 125 and 250 Hz I lowered them precisely to obtain more roundness in the basses, moreover, I do not know why but when the puts its two frequencies on the point "flat" I have a certain resonance which appears on quite a lot of music, a kind of noise which looks like " WWWOOOOOO WWWOOOOO " and it's very unpleasant, it doesn't come from the speakers, I tried several pair and I have this resonance too, the only way to suppress it is to lower the frequencies 125 and 250 Hz. But I don't mind lowering them at all because I prefer to get more roundness in the bass, and even with this setting they are still quite punchy !!!

Gruesome

Forum Donor
You might benefit from measuring your room (with a microphone), and trying to get rid of the room resonances either by moving the speakers or applying parametric filtering (which allows you to set the frequency, instead of picking it from a predefined list).

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

You might benefit from measuring your room (with a microphone), and trying to get rid of the room resonances either by moving the speakers or applying parametric filtering (which allows you to set the frequency, instead of picking it from a predefined list).
I solve this problem with the equalizer, and it suits me very well like that, no need to bother to measure my room ... ect , but thanks for the advice .

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
I solve this problem with the equalizer, and it suits me very well like that, no need to bother to measure my room ... ect , but thanks for the advice .
To set it correctly, you should measure the room.

Your description is a perfect example of a speaker-room interaction. You might be able to fix it by moving the speakers a few centimetres.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

To set it correctly, you should measure the room.

Your description is a perfect example of a speaker-room interaction. You might be able to fix it by moving the speakers a few centimetres.
I can't move the speakers from where they are because I don't have a lot of room, and as I said , I've already fixed the problem with the equalizer.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
I can't move the speakers from where they are because I don't have a lot of room, and as I said , I've already fixed the problem with the equalizer.
You have not fixed the problem. You are simply unable to know what's right.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

You have not fixed the problem. You are simply unable to know what's right.
I already said that I could not move my speakers for lack of space, what do you not understand ? And yes I solved my problem with the equalizer whether you like it or not !

Gruesome

Forum Donor
There seems to be a bit of a clash of cultures here, between advice seekers (not just the OP here, this problem also pops up in other threads) and 'advice givers'. I don't remember seeing this in other online fora I've participated in (cars, motorcycles, watches), or at least not to this extent. Advice seekers want their very specific question answered, whereas advice givers (myself included) here seem all too eager to give 'holistic' advice, including telling the advice seeker what his/her real problems are... Just an observation.

Top Bottom