• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chipset tpa3116 or Infineon ma12070

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Nope a vintage Marantz is in a different class. I've had a vintage Marantz and it sounded good. But there are vintage Marantz one should stay away from unless they are collectors of Marantz. The quasi-complimentary design has issues and that is the one to stay away from.
Anyway I want a small amp , the size I showed you, I absolutely do not want a hifi size amp, I do not have the space .

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

I understand. Buy the chip amp, if you want warmth then use a PEQ for sound adjustments and you'll get warmth that way. Are you using a PC for the head unit?
What a PEQ ? Equalization ?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A PEQ is a parametric equalizer for proper control of the sound. It's like a EQ but better.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
O and use the Peace EQ for adjusting stuff. It is the better method.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

OK good. Install this and then install this as a GUI for the PEQ and open the Peace EQ and disable auto updates so you don't lose setting when it auto updates and you can have all the warmth you like.
I already have an equalizer on my sound card !!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 69

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh OK. That should provide you with all the warmth in the sound that you want. For warmth cut the highs down a bit or boost the lows a bit and adjust the mids for your taste.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Oh OK. That should provide you with all the warmth in the sound that you want. For warmth cut the highs down a bit or boost the lows a bit and adjust the mids for your taste.
Yes it's what I do already, you can see it on my equalizer setting !!!

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

So between the two amps that I have proposed there is not one that you recommend more than the other, even for another reason ? Like the power or something else ...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The SA300 has more features in the rear panel. It has USB input with a DAC. So you can connect it to your PC via the USB connection. It also has sub out and if you want warmth adding a sub will help big time.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

The SA300 has more features in the rear panel. It has USB input with a DAC. So you can connect it to your PC via the USB connection. It also has sub out and if you want warmth adding a sub will help big time.
yes I saw that, but the connect me only on the rca connector, and for the subwoofer I don't have enough space !!! Currently I have an Aiyima D03 but it has a problem with the lcd display so I have to change it for another amp

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yes I saw that, but the connect me only on the rca connector, and for the subwoofer I don't have enough space !!! Currently I have an Aiyima D03 but it has a problem with the lcd display so I have to change it for another amp
Ahhh IC. Too bad the Aiyima failed. Is the display dark?

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Top Bottom