• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chipset tpa3116 or Infineon ma12070

godsmack50

Hi, I would like to buy a small SMSL amp , the two models that interest me are the SMSL A50 with the tpa3116 chipset and the SMSL SA300 with the Infineon ma12070 chipset , I would like you to choose between these two amps the one that will be the warmest possible , with the most round bass possible !!! For you which one would correspond the best to my research between these two amps please ? Thanks

Attachments

• smsl-a50-amplificateur-class-d-2x-tpa3116-bluetooth-50-2x60w-4-ohm.jpg
    smsl-a50-amplificateur-class-d-2x-tpa3116-bluetooth-50-2x60w-4-ohm.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 44
  • smsl-sa300-amplificateur-class-d-usb-bluetooth-50-aptx-subwoofer-ma12070-2x80w-4-ohm-32bit-384...jpg
    smsl-sa300-amplificateur-class-d-usb-bluetooth-50-aptx-subwoofer-ma12070-2x80w-4-ohm-32bit-384...jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 51

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, I would like to buy a small SMSL amp, the two models that interest me are the SMSL A50 with the tpa3116 chipset and the SMSL SA300 with the Infineon ma12070 chipset, I would like you to choose between these two amps the one that will be the warmest possible, with the most round bass possible !!! For you which one would correspond the best to my research between these two amps please ? Thanks
Proper good amps do not induce a warm or more bassy sound.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Proper good amps do not induce a warm or more bassy sound.
yes but precisely , I don't like neutral amps , I like amps that have a sound signature as warm as possible, so !!!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yes but precisely , I don't like neutral amps , I have amps that have a sound signature as warm as possible, so !!!
If you want a specific sound then why are you buying cheap little amps?

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

If you want a specific sound then why are you buying cheap little amps?
Because it's an amp I want to use on my pc , and I want a small amp that doesn't take up space under 150 dollars , and with the warmest sound possible !!!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Because it's an amp I want to use on my pc , and I want a small amp that doesn't take up space under 150 dollars , and with the warmest sound possible !!!
If you want warm and distorted then buy a tube amp.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

If you want warm and distorted then buy a tube amp.
That's not my question , my question is, between these two amps, which one would have the warmest sound please ? I don't ask anything else

Wolf11Man

None of the chips is warm. Sorry. If you want warm, look for a small amp with such a chip that has a tube integrated as a "magic sound improver".
The tube get's warm, glows, you look at it, listen and the sound get's warm. Quite simple. Works a charm!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's not my question , my question is, between these two amps, which one would have the warmest sound please ? I don't ask anything else
Neither sounds warm. They are IC design amps with cheap little amp ICs.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

None of the chips is warm. Sorry. If you want warm, look for a small amp with such a chip that has a tube integrated as a "magic sound improver".
The tube get's warm, glows, you look at it, listen and the sound get's warm. Quite simple. Works a charm!
It is still not my question , I ask again, between these two ampli which would have the warmest sound ? my question is simple.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Neither sounds warm. They are IC design amps with cheap little amp ICs.
I already know that there are much warmer amps than the ones I propose , but I just want to know between these two amps which one would sound warmer ? I don't want to know anything else, thanks

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So these two amps sound exactly the same to you ?
Yes, they are the same sounding. Anybody tells you otherwise is full of it. They are comparable to buying a car audio head unit or a cheap blaster. Not high end and having a sound. Amps with a sound are expensive because they have a sound and tube amp will definitely give you a sound because it is inherent in the design most of the time.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
... and I commend you for patiently asking multiple times but there is no good news to give you.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Yes, they are the same sounding. Anybody tells you otherwise is full of it. They are comparable to buying a car audio head unit or a cheap blaster. Not high end and having a sound. Amps with a sound are expensive because they have a sound and tube amp will definitely give you a sound because it is inherent in the design most of the time.
However I often read that different chipsets could not have the same sound, too bad, so one or the other will have exactly the same sound despite their different chipset ?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
However I often read that different chipsets could not have the same sound, too bad, so one or the other will have exactly the same sound despite their different chipset ?
Yes, the difference is miniscule. if you want a warm sound look to your speakers. They will determine the sound type. Selecting a amp while looking for warmth is not the way to go with solid state amps. Solid state amps are very similar if operating within their limits.

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

... and I commend you for patiently asking multiple times but there is no good news to give you.
And I suspect that with this kind of amp I will not have the sound of a vintage amp Marantz for example!!! lol

OP
godsmack50

godsmack50

Yes, the difference is miniscule. if you want a warm sound look to your speakers. They will determine the sound type. Selecting a amp while looking for warmth is not the way to go with solid state amps. Solid state amps are very similar if operating within their limits.
My speakers are DAVIS ACOUSTICS MIA 20 , a French brand .

Attachments

• mia-rouge-paire.jpg
    mia-rouge-paire.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 42

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And I suspect that with this kind of amp I will not have the sound of a vintage amp Marantz for example!!! lol
Nope a vintage Marantz is in a different class. I've had a vintage Marantz and it sounded good. But there are vintage Marantz one should stay away from unless they are collectors of Marantz. The quasi-complimentary design has issues and that is the one to stay away from.

Top Bottom