• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheapest DAC with I2S

lordearl

I'm looking for a fairly simple DAC with I2S input to test a prototype streaming device, does anyone know of a few entry level DAC models?

Most of the DACs which feature I2S seem to be on the expensive side - I don't think the review database here has the ability to filter by digital input type.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just get some cheap board from AliExpress. There are plenty to de found below €$£ 50, some even with ESS chips (who knows if if they’re genuine though)… or even cheaper:

gvl

Major Contributor
You might be able to find DAC chip eval boards with I2S headers.

Adaboy4z

SMSL P0100 Pro $69 on Amazon

OP
L

lordearl

Just get some cheap board from AliExpress. There are plenty to de found below €$£ 50, some even with ESS chips (who knows if if they’re genuine though)… or even cheaper:

Good thinking but I wouldn't have the capability to disassemble an HDMI cable to re-wire it for a board like this. Needing something compatible with HDMI I2S (ie. pin-out like the Topping DX7 pro).

mocenigo

Major Contributor
The Sabaj A20D DAC has them, and I got one for $189. The good news it's got so many features they're easy to sell.

How did you get one for $189? Older model? Second hand? I see them for over $400 on amazon

Top Bottom