• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can't decide between Neumann kh150 and kh310, help needed

dfuller

Major Contributor
The KH150's dispersion is much more narrow but also more even than KH310's. Personally, i have a lot of trouble with reflections, so in my small room, i am actually considering downgrading my 310s to the 150s. Precise imaging is more important to me than wide, but your preference may be different.
tbh I think the 310 is way clearer in the mids.

How much more SPL and bass output KH310 has vs KH150?
You can read, go find the reviews on sound and recording

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
tbh I think the 310 is way clearer in the mids.
Haven't heard them side by side. Will be hard to do in a helpful way.

phile2

Hi,
to the question => which one is the best for me ?
the answer is trivial => have a test & you'll get "your right gear", the one that fits to your ears :)

Some prefer Neumann, some prefer other brands.
It's a matter of taste <= during test-listening session, without any active correction behind that of course :) (let's call it => "scratch-test")

Then, this "scratch-test" is 100% the one to follow, simply because it fits to your ears, thus, at home/studio you'll have to adjust "a bit" via active correction.

Then, if you look ahead of that basic feedback :
what's your setup ? digital only I guess in 2023.... :) , then there are a few option on the market now :
- Neumann & few other brands with AES67 input (1)
- other brands with AES inputs (2)
- other brands with coax inputs (3)

(1) => no go to me because lack of feedbacks regarding the diff vs SQ of AES67 vs AES3
by lack of feedback, I mean "a jump". But no jump was reported so why bother... => no go !
(3) => from electronic side => old stuff => no go
(2) => so far, it's the best stuff ! AES is a very good "transmission line" as we talk in electronics :)

Hope it helps
Rgds

Top Bottom