• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you limit subwoofer volume in multi eq x?

Hello,

I live in an apartment and i would like to limit my subwoofer volume at a lower volume then the rest of the speakers, is that possible with multi eq x or Dirac live or both?

I don’t mean reducing the subwoofer gain, I rather mean if I could limit my sub to e.g. 75 DB if all other channels are limited to 80DB. Couldn’t find anything online.

Thanks for your time!

RDoc

Multi eqX has something called "Low Frequency Containment" that's designed to do just that. I've no idea how well it works.

OP
G
Low frequency containment filters low frequency out from what I googled but there is no word of limiting the volume itself for the sub

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Low frequency containment filters low frequency out from what I googled but there is no word of limiting the volume itself for the sub
The point is that it shifts bass frequencies higher to reduce leakage to neighbors but still give you bass, just different bass. I haven't tried it but it could be useful to you.

OP
G
I see, thank you I will try that!

I also plan on getting a second sub. Since its a small room I only really can place my sub in the corners and no matter where I put it I am always in a null at main listening position. Maybe I can hear more bass without increasing the bass for the neighbours with a second sub. Is there any flaw to my reasoning?

Top Bottom