• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cables, Interconnects and Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogberry

I see there is another thread at SHF about interconnects. Many posters talk about how civilized it is, though it seems that four members have been banned and many posts deleted. The boss posted about that. And along comes the boss, and says:
If it works it works. I would never come in and demand a change in wire, that would just be silly.
Would it not be nice if people not only engaged their brains before speaking, but also before posting?
I have replaced a whole bunch of expensive interconnects and speaker cables with much simpler wiring. I cannot hear the difference, and feel ashamed at wasting money in the past that I cannot recover. I wish others would discover that.

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I see there is another thread at SHF about interconnects. Many posters talk about how civilized it is, though it seems that four members have been banned and many posts deleted. The boss posted about that. And along comes the boss, and says:

Would it not be nice if people not only engaged their brains before speaking, but also before posting?
I have replaced a whole bunch of expensive interconnects and speaker cables with much simpler wiring. I cannot hear the difference, and feel ashamed at wasting money in the past that I cannot recover. I wish others would discover that.
I'm not sure what the point of linking to drama on another forum is. And the quote from Mr. Hoffman is out of context and misleading - previously he posted in the same thread about how great Audioquest is. The comment about changing out wiring is in the context of a client in a professional recording studio asking for a change in XLR cables. Seems the general consensus at this forum, including from Mr. Hoffman, is that cables make an audible difference.

OP
D

dogberry

...the general consensus at this forum, including from Mr. Hoffman, is that cables make an audible difference.
Didn't know he was a member here. My experience is that they do not. My electronics use goodness knows what kind of wire, and maybe some PCBs with thin traces connecting components. Given that is an interconnect going to reverse any harm done to a fragile signal? And my ear, the only one left, says no difference with cheap and skinny interconnects compared to expensive and thick ones. YMMV.
And, BTW, I cannot post that at the SHF site, or I shall be banned like so many before me.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Gee, I haven't been "off-site" for quite a while.

"Did someone say ‘cables’?"

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hi @dogberry. Welcome Aboard and I love your enthusiasm. However, we don’t like to get involved in other forums drama. So I’m going to close this thread and please don’t take it personal. We try as hard as we can to be as low drama as humanly possible here. Ymmv.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom