• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cable Burn-In - Myth or Fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And more we feed this thread, more we play his game and contribute to his business
1704265012375.gif

Nah, the more nonsense comers out, the sillier he looks. People actually read this stuff here… often in secret :eek:. It will permeate eventually, it just takes some time.

Last edited:

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
View attachment 339202
Nah, they more nonsense comers out, the sillier he looks. People actually read this stuff here… often in secret :eek:. It will permeate eventually, it just takes some time.
In theory...
But when beliefs/faith takes over science/facts, unfortunately, things are more complicated.

dweeeeb2

TC its interesting that you have posted this here, given this sites history with previous such claims. Aren’t you remotely interested in blind testing your claims, just for your own knowledge? It could be quite rewarding. If you do give it a go please make sure that it is truly a blind test.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor

delta76

Major Contributor
There are newer technologies available

View attachment 339204
no, no, no
I get your joke but this can harm the protective cover of the power cable, posing a threat (which can be fatal). his devices - as useless as they are - at least do not change the cables for the worse
Hi Jim,

Next time you want to promote one of your products please post it in the Desperate Dealers Section of the Forum as directed by our Rules for Vendors. Here is a link to these rules for your convenience:

Appreciate your cooperation and support Jim. I will move this thread there for you.
you're taking it a bit too literally ;)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What are the physics behind burn-in? I don't actually know, never been able to figure it out.
Ridiculous claims don't need to be debunked.

Would you need a proof that I would not be able to fly ?

What are the physics behind burn-in? I don't actually know, never been able to figure it out
WTF ? So I understand that you don't have any clue about what you're actually "designing", then selling to ignorant audiofools ?!? Then, I call you a charlatan.

Cheers.

Next time you want to promote one of your products please post it in the Desperate Dealers Section of the Forum as directed by our Rules for Vendors.
These are no "products", but a scam.

Last edited:

Muddywaters

Forum Donor
no, no, no
I get your joke but this can harm the protective cover of the power cable, posing a threat (which can be fatal). his devices - as useless as they are - at least do not change the cables for the worse
It uses a preconditioning step incorporating Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy via Glow Discharge Atomization to determine an appropriate temperature ramp profile and pulse to prevent oxidation and impact to the cable

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
This easily is one of the top contenders for 2024 snake oil award and the year has hardly started.

OMG what a scam. Asking money for nothing and preying on the gullible.

Edit. As always we will wait for ever on an actual proof the that it does anything to the properties of the cable let alone to the audibility of the sound.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I suppose the other thing is one can create a wav file with noise, and 20 to 200 khz sweeps or whatever and connect the wires to a load and do the same thing without the box for the same results. I remember earlier similar devices 30 years ago. One used sweeping squarewaves with the warning not to use it too long. The spiking harmonic rich square waves could over relax the wire and result in dull sound if used for too long or so the story went. Me, I had the ultimate. A vacuum tube function generator from Heathkit. I could set it to triangle waves and get both spiky cable relaxing goodness guaranteed not to go too far because the source was pure analog tube based naturalness. If you look in some thrifts or estate sales you might find one of your own for a $1.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Please continue. Who else?
But are you an audio company or a troll?
Reply only to what is convenient for you, calmly ignoring the comments on the absurd statements regarding cable burn in.
Come with scientific, tangible evidence about the fanciful claims you make or you will just get torn down on this site.
I'm also removing reply notifications because this thread is just ridiculous.

OP
J

Jim Hagerman

Audio Company
ASR is not a place to discuss about subjective opinions.

I must apologize. I didn't realize that. Numbers are the only thing that matters?

Look, I didn't invent cable burn in. I just jumped on it, decades later, providing something some folks wanted. That's all. And you know what? I can hear it too. The before / after transition is quite apparent. But it seems one of you care about that. I'm a bit surprised, having thought audiophiles wanted to get the most out of their systems, by whatever means.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I must apologize. I didn't realize that. Numbers are the only thing that matters?

Look, I didn't invent cable burn in. I just jumped on it, decades later, providing something some folks wanted. That's all. And you know what? I can hear it too. The before / after transition is quite apparent. But it seems one of you care about that. I'm a bit surprised, having thought audiophiles wanted to get the most out of their systems, by whatever means.
You know what we want. When you say, "I can hear it too", under what conditions? You know prior to posting here if it is just the same old ideas, "I listened, did some burn in and listened again. Wow, what an improvement, that is great", then you would convince no one here. If you don't engage more than you have, you must believe no publicity is bad publicity as long as they spell your name right.

You also know if you are clinging to the idea our brain hears things our instruments cannot detect then you debating the wrong crowd.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm a bit surprised, having thought audiophiles wanted to get the most out of their systems, by whatever means.
Including spending 250€ for tweaks that just do nothing ? Yes. That's the reason why your "business" may even exist.
Numbers are the only thing that matters?
No. Actual truth is, and you're not very good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom