• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Amp With High Pass Filter

zeluxao

The high pass filter is for powered speakers?
Even this one has one (although limited to 90 hz).:
https://rslspeakers.com/products/rogersound-labs-ia255-1-integrated-amplifier/
This is a good feature for you to implement in upcoming models (a small knob in the back with frequency selection that would allow to select a common point of both high pass filter to the speakers and low pass filter to the sub) - this is what the sabaj a30a has (although in the digital realm), i guess your pffb ones could have this. :)
You already have in some units bot only for the low pass, this time it would regulate the high pass also.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Another recent entry with a crossover in an inexpensive integrated amp is the Wiim Amp.

tc2007

Most cheap AVRs will give you around 70W + crossover + sub out. Best to use analog input on those though.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Most cheap AVRs will give you around 70W + crossover + sub out. Best to use analog input on those though.
Eh? What does analog input have to do with it particularly?

tc2007

Eh? What does analog input have to do with it particularly?
I have preferred the analog inputs vs internal streaming or optical inputs as I found using an external DAC to be more cleaner sound.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have preferred the analog inputs vs internal streaming or optical inputs as I found using an external DAC to be more cleaner sound.
How did you do that particularly? Good level matched blinded testing or just some poor casual comparison?

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Another recent entry with a crossover in an inexpensive integrated amp is the Wiim Amp.

The rhino in the hallway.

An analogue crossover is always in danger of adding at least some distortion to the signal. The WiiM applies the HP and LP filters in the digital domain, which bypasses this possibility (see Amir’s recent test showing the EQ had no impact on performance).

The issue with just having a DAC with this built in is if you don’t use, or intend to use the DAC’s volume control. Because that results in you turning up your amp increases/decreases the volume on the mains but not the sub.

So the best solution is a DAC/pre amp with a sub out, or an all-in-one like the WiiM Amp.

How long until the WiiM Ultra is released? If they get it right, it’s going to clean up.

Top Bottom