• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for small powered subs with a signal pass through output

Jprime84

Anything to compare an Edifier T5 to? I am running passive speakers, an amp, and a headphones amp/preamp at my desk. Only one output on the preamp (other than the headphones out) so to incorporate a sub I need something that can take a preamp output, do its thing, but also pass the original signal on to the amp. I have a big SVS SB-1000 Pro on my main setup in the living room, but that's overkill for what I want at the computer for games and occassional music. Most of the budget options I am finding do not pass the signal back out. What would you suggest?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor

Of course, the better option would be to use the SVS SB-1000 Pro with the computer and buy an even bigger sub for your main system. :D

elshaddai

Anything to compare an Edifier T5 to? I am running passive speakers, an amp, and a headphones amp/preamp at my desk. Only one output on the preamp (other than the headphones out) so to incorporate a sub I need something that can take a preamp output, do its thing, but also pass the original signal on to the amp. I have a big SVS SB-1000 Pro on my main setup in the living room, but that's overkill for what I want at the computer for games and occassional music. Most of the budget options I am finding do not pass the signal back out. What would you suggest?
I have an Emotiva Airmotiv SE8 8" sub in that exact scenario. Has Line In and Line Out (w/HPF). Unfortunately, it's not made any more and the current model (XS8) only has Line In, but the SE8 is worth looking for used.

Top Bottom