• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to use SVS Sb-1000 high pass filter with Audiolab 6000A (play)

Ofty2002

So the title says it all. How do I connect my Audiolab 6000A play to the Sb-1000 in a way my main speakers only play above 80hz? I currently have the pre outs left and right connected to the SVS and put the low pass filter on 80hz but this means my mains still play under 80 too. If my question is unclear please let me know :)

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1131.jpeg
    IMG_1131.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 63

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @Ofty2002! Welcome to ASR.

Here's how to connect them:
External DAC->SVS Line in->SVS Line out->Audiolab Line in

OP
O

Ofty2002

Hi @Ofty2002! Welcome to ASR.

Here's how to connect them:
External DAC->SVS Line in->SVS Line out->Audiolab Line in
Is it also possible to use this: pre out L and R to line in L and R of the svs and then svs line out L and R to audiolab ‘power’ input (the one right of the pre outs)?
I don’t want to add an external dac to my setup and would like to just use the integrated amplifier.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Is it also possible to use this: pre out L and R to line in L and R of the svs and then svs line out L and R to audiolab ‘power’ input (the one right of the pre outs)?
I don’t want to add an external dac to my setup and would like to just use the integrated amplifier.
Yes, as long as you set the 6000A to Pre-Power Mode.

OP
O

Ofty2002

Yes, as long as you set the 6000A to Pre-Power Mode
Okay thanks for the help! Can i still stream music via Play-Fi this way? I assume it is possible but I am kind of new to the hobby and all the input and outputs get me confused :)

staticV3

Master Contributor
Okay thanks for the help! Can i still stream music via Play-Fi this way? I assume it is possible but I am kind of new to the hobby and all the input and outputs get me confused :)
I'm assuming you can.

Better yet, since you already have the 6000A and some RCA cables, you can just disconnect the sub temporarily, set the 6000A to Pre-Power, connect the Pre out directly to the Power in, then test the 6000A's full functionality in this mode.

Once you're happy that everything works like you want it to, just insert the SVS between Pre out and Power in and you're good to go.

OP
O

Ofty2002

I'm assuming you can.

Better yet, since you already have the 6000A and some RCA cables, you can just disconnect the sub temporarily, set the 6000A to Pre-Power, connect the Pre out directly to the Power in, then test the 6000A's full functionality in this mode.

Once you're happy that everything works like you want it to, just insert the SVS between Pre out and Power in and you're good to go.
So what you mean is 6000A pre out left to 6000A power in left and 6000A pre out right to 6000A power in right? And then test if everything works as I would like it to?

Jungstar

i had a pair of JBL powered speakers and a subwoofer, with high pass. When I added the subwoofer, the speakers totally changed and the midrange became much more "easy" and less distorted.

OP
O

Ofty2002

i had a pair of JBL powered speakers and a subwoofer, with high pass. When I added the subwoofer, the speakers totally changed and the midrange became much more "easy" and less distorted.
I need to hear them in my living room, there they sound a lot better due to some room treatment and I might hear the sound changes in the higher frequenties. The room I use right now is as bad as it gets for speakers unfortunately.

Top Bottom