• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Boss 2 Player with Aluminum Case and Moode Audio

Godataloss

Purchased couple weeks ago thinking I could use it as a bridge for external hard drives via usb out to my current dac. Seems that it's meant more to function as a standalone. It's adorable, but I have limited time to engage. Asking $160 shipped PP FF or +3% to CONUS. The unit as described here (*note you need a power supply)- https://tinyurl.com/4xnevypy

boss2-player2_2048x.jpg

OP
Godataloss

Godataloss

If it's still available I'm interested.

What size RPi?
What OS is in there now?
It's the exact unit from the link I posted. Seems they are sold out.
  • Boss2 Alu includes: Boss2, RPi4 4GB, Aluminum Case with OLED screen and Remote control. Case compatible with RPi4 only.
  • moode audio

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this plug and play?

Hahaha... it's a RPi4 which requires some configuration with your network and setup including which method you would like to use for streaming (UPnP, Airplay, Bluetooth). If you can setup an internet router at home you can setup an RPi4 with Moode. It's all web menu based and not as hard as you might think.

The setup guide for Moode is here:
If you have questions, there are several people on here that can help.

OP
Godataloss

Godataloss

Is this plug and play?
Probably not in the way you mean. It's a full-blown pc you have to connect to your network, running software that takes a bit of configuration. Lots of support out there. I just went back to a pc with foobar/monkey mote. Potential Buyers- I'll include a hdmi adapter if you need one so you can connect it to a tv or monitor.

Tallpaulppg

Yes, maybe a simplistic question given the configuration. My current streamer is a RPi4 with Moode (brand Soundberry). I use BubbleUPnP with Qobuz/Audirvana on my computer.. It is a similar device . I guess my question has more to do with setting up a network connection. If I attach a USB wifi doogle , should I be able to locate this on my network? I believe at this point setting up Moode should be manageable. Let me know your experience.

OP
Godataloss

Godataloss

Yes, maybe a simplistic question given the configuration. My current streamer is a RPi4 with Moode (brand Soundberry). I use BubbleUPnP with Qobuz/Audirvana on my computer.. It is a similar device . I guess my question has more to do with setting up a network connection. If I attach a USB wifi doogle , should I be able to locate this on my network? I believe at this point setting up Moode should be manageable. Let me know your experience.
Yes. It broadcasts an access point that you log onto and then move it to your network. The display on the front displays the IP address. An external wifi dongle is absolutely needed. I had one on had and it worked without the need to install any drivers.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. It broadcasts an access point that you log onto and then move it to your network. The display on the front displays the IP address. An external wifi dongle is absolutely needed. I had one on had and it worked without the need to install any drivers.

Which model USB Wifi Dongle did you use with Boss2 and did not need to install drivers?
Thank you!

OP
Godataloss

Godataloss

I'll have to check when I get home. It came in the box with my Minidsp SHD. I didn't purchase it separately myself.

Top Bottom