• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth speaker for travel

buz

Forum Donor
Looks like my UE Boom finally kicked the bucket. Any thoughts what BT speaker I should get for travelling? Size of the Boom was about perfect...

Must have usb c charging.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The JBL Charge series is very good. You need to place it a bit away off the wall to get rid of a bump in the upper bass. I own the Charge 3 which I bought in 2018 after mistaken its sound in the room next door as a life sax player ... :facepalm:

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
Looking at them both, feels like flip would be a lot more portable (similar to my boom)

mmi

Sonos Roam for best sound quality if that is important. Won’t have as much battery as other brands, but sounds great out of the box and has self measured room correction based on placement.

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
If you have deep pockets the Bang and Olufsen Beosound A1 sounds pretty great (unlike many of their products). For cheaper, I recommend Sony XE200 or XE300, if vertical placement is important.

OP
B

buz

Forum Donor
Ended up getting a jbl flip 6, brief testing indicates it will do...

Reactions: mmi

BigFKahuna

I am still happy with my UE Boom and Megaboom, having compared to offerings by Sonos, Bose, JBL and as well Bang and Olufson. Why not just get another UE product?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought a Bose Soundlink Flex to use on the golf course. I don't suggest it's a replacement for Genelecs, but it's clean, gives the illusion of decent bass and doesn't seem to distort at reasonable SPLs. Very satisfied, especially at Costco pricing. A lot less expensive than what appear to be comparable UE offerings.

flowolf

Very happy with my sonos roam! no need for my phone to be the playback device, as long as wifi is available.

Top Bottom