• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Current Best under $300? 7hz Timeless AE?

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For me it's between:

Thieaudio Hype 2
AFUL Performer 5
Truthear Zero: Red

Some other good ones are the Sennheiser IE200. I also considered the Blessing 2: Dusk, Gizaudio Chopin, and Kiwi Ears Quintet but their tonality is a bit brighter than I like (though can probably be equalized).

The Kinera Z-Tune sounds even better but I couldn't justify that much money for any IEM.

There is no IEM that's perfect without EQ, but these get you close, with varying levels of comfort.

By the way if you like the Zero: Red, you probably aren't looking for Harman. None of the ones listed here are Harman tunes.

asrUser

So i bought the 1More Penta driver on sale and I really love it. Really nice tonality, nothing too sharp, nothing over bloated. Really the best sounding IEM overall I think I have ever listened to.

I'm super surprised about how great it is...
Do you eq those on PC? Is the cable like Moondrop May DSP? Almost nobody writes about 1More Penta.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Do you eq those on PC? Is the cable like Moondrop May DSP? Almost nobody writes about 1More Penta.
I don't use EQ most of the time. I do have a Geshelli Archel3 Pro which has Tone controls; however I haven't used it with the 1More Penta. I only used my THX AAA 789 and the FiiO KA13.
I'm not familiar with any Moondrop cables but it is a decent cable, minimal microphonics from the cable moving around and it has a smooth outside which is easy to manipulate. Very similar to the cable on the 1More Quad; which has lasted me 6 years now without an issue.

asrUser

Penta sucks. Ootb a lot of other cheaper IEMs like Zeros sound better and clearer. However, with EQ they suck less. Could be because it's not easy to get a proper seal on Penta. Though it's not worth it to waste much time.

Top Bottom