• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Current Best under $300? 7hz Timeless AE?

gatorengineer64

Forum Donor
Ok looking to build a travel rig, I travel about 40% of the time for work. My library is now finally in PLEX and I can access it anywhere via Symphonium. I have an Endgame Rig at home, that is too expensive to risk H7+ Mest Mk3s. I have a Pair of Crinnacle reds on bluetooth for my gym rig, I like them alot, and I would say they give 60 percent of the Mests, pretty good for less than 5% of the price. Willing to spend a little more, up to $300, have a Hiby FC4 Dongle coming not want a new pair of buds. I could go with another set of the Crinnacles, but would prefer to try something different. The 7hz Timeless AEs seem to fit that, I have HE-600SEs for planar cans that I like so trying a planar IEM seems to make sense. What else is out there?

Thanks

Mark

nerdemoji

Truthear nova
best iem at least if you like harman tuning

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just had the Timeless AE and the separate bass driver was a big letdown. It lacked the fun planar bass slam and wasn't worth that kind of money.
For travel the Tanchjim Space and 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 is impossible to beat anywhere near the price. Just get the silver one and black tips the same diameter since they're really tacky. The Simgot EA500 is another favorite if your looking for something with metal shells that looks more upscale. On the original zero review here I just posted links to the tips and sizes.

OP
G

gatorengineer64

Forum Donor
Thanks ordered the nova from Amazon along with some more azla tips and a balanced cable. I think a good match with the hiby. Will post back when I get it together. I wish a few lower priced units would add bone conduction.

OP
G

gatorengineer64

Forum Donor
Bought a Truthear Nova and got it wired up with xelastec Tips and a balanced Cable. performance seems to be really source dependent they dont like the Hiby FC4, but get along great with a Shanling H7..... Will post for some advice on the amps forum. I would say that they are only slightly incrementally better if at all then the crinnacle reds...... Still ginormous gap to my reference MESTs....

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There are an incredible amount of options in that price range, it really depends of your taste. You like warm, bright, neutral bass, fun bass?

tknx

I bought the Novas and returned them, I definitely preferred the Hexas I already had. Bought Simgot EM6Ls but haven't critically listened to them yet.

Those are all well below your price range, but honestly right now I feel the $300 range is a bit of a wasteland with the $150 and under market and the $600+ market getting the most exciting stuff.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought a Truthear Nova and got it wired up with xelastec Tips and a balanced Cable. performance seems to be really source dependent they dont like the Hiby FC4, but get along great with a Shanling H7..... Will post for some advice on the amps forum. I would say that they are only slightly incrementally better if at all then the crinnacle reds...... Still ginormous gap to my reference MESTs....
Both of those players seem to have enough power to drive headphones with transparency., iems will be a piece of cake.

asrUser

I bought the Novas and returned them, I definitely preferred the Hexas I already had. Bought Simgot EM6Ls but haven't critically listened to them yet.

Those are all well below your price range, but honestly right now I feel the $300 range is a bit of a wasteland with the $150 and under market and the $600+ market getting the most exciting stuff.
What kind of sound do you even like? My best bet up to $300 is the Penon Serial. True, more interesting IEMs start at $600.

OP
G

gatorengineer64

Forum Donor
I am looking for harman tuning. I figure i can eq out anything i want. The mest mark 3s are base heavy in some ways or perhaps thump heavy is a way tosay it. Crinnacle reds on my gym buds. The novas for more critical listening on the road the mark 3s on the shanling at home. I listen to blues rock and metal for the most part with some ambient...

Sebby

From personal experience I can tell you that it depends on what you are looking for: if you want an IEM with excellent spatial qualities, a nice bass and good comfort, I recommend the Final A5000 and it is considered a mini-HD800s (A4000 comes very close and costs less than half ). Some sold IE600 when they bought A5000.
If you want something more balanced and tonally correct, the IE200 with the Nozzle Hole Mod is a safe choice and sounds almost identical to the IE600. I couldn't believe I got that sound for €130 and now they are one of my favorite IEMs ever!

passie42

I recently bought the 1more Penta P50, Hidizs MP145 and Sennheiser IE 200. With only a little difference I like the IE 200 the most. I wanted to step up a little and ordered the ThieAudio Hype 2 but I am having second thoughts… anyone here tried the Hype 2?

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Not tried the hype 2 but I could be persuaded to try the hype 4 - they all measure extremely close to the 7hz Zero 2 (which is my current fav iem) on squiglink.

passie42

Not tried the hype 2 but I could be persuaded to try the hype 4 - they all measure extremely close to the 7hz Zero 2 (which is my current fav iem) on squiglink.
Ok..
But the hype 2 costs 13 times more than the zero 2 so there must be some kind of a difference I think (well I hope) :)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I just ordered the 1more Penta. I have had the quad since launch day and really like it overall.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Both of those players seem to have enough power to drive headphones with transparency., iems will be a piece of cake.
Sometimes it doesn't work out like that. It's happened to me before. I think it really depends on the Amp itself.

passie42

So I had the Penta P50, IE200, MP145 and the Hype 2. I returned the Hype 2 and bought the Aful Performer 8. Stupid move. I have the Performer 8 for sale (because returning to hifigo is no option because they charge 30% restock fee). I would have bought it on Amazon but they don’t have them. I also had the 7Hz Timeless AE but I returned them. Think I am going to buy the 7Hz again because they sounded the best of all IEM’s mentioned above .

Jimster480

Major Contributor
So I had the Penta P50, IE200, MP145 and the Hype 2. I returned the Hype 2 and bought the Aful Performer 8. Stupid move. I have the Performer 8 for sale (because returning to hifigo is no option because they charge 30% restock fee). I would have bought it on Amazon but they don’t have them. I also had the 7Hz Timeless AE but I returned them. Think I am going to buy the 7Hz again because they sounded the best of all IEM’s mentioned above .
What kind of sound signature do you like?

Jimster480

Major Contributor
So i bought the 1More Penta driver on sale and I really love it. Really nice tonality, nothing too sharp, nothing over bloated. Really the best sounding IEM overall I think I have ever listened to.

I'm super surprised about how great it is...

Top Bottom