• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound Powernode 2021

OP
J

Janala

These devices are on back order (I've been waiting a month for my new Node) but everything is on back order these
Aah so you are also going for the Powernode. How does your setup look like when you get it?
Yes I know everything is on back order here in Sweden also but I think it will arrive in January according to my local dealer.

tjf

Aah so you are also going for the Powernode. How does your setup look like when you get it?
Yes I know everything is on back order here in Sweden also but I think it will arrive in January according to my local dealer.
Actually am getting the new Node to use with a Lyngdorf TDAI1120 (when I can afford it), so for the meantime the Node will be used with my old Creek headphone amp -- I'll be relying on the Node's PCM5242 DAC for my headphone listening, then when the Lyngdorf arrives the Node will supply a digital (coaxial SPDIF) source for the Lyngdorf's DAC and amplifier section.

Unfortunately Bluesound (along with Sonos) devices are on a Covid induced back order here in the states -- Sonos products take typically 2-3 months to get, Bluesound about half of that.

Steve Rogers

Janala i am considering the same upgrade! How did it go, AFAICS the powernode amplififier should be much better powerwise and in a different league as regards streaming. The only downside i can see is that you are stuck with its dac forever owing to the nodes lack of digital outputs.

RichardDLO

"Lastly, don't be misled by the new NAD "C700" unit, as this is the Powernode3 in a nicer box with a LCD display (not a touch panel) to show album art, etc., but is the same performance as the Powernode for $1500..."

Not entirely true, C700 does have different DAC and pre-out. Pre-out is significant for upgrade path IMO.

Top Bottom