• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro - Possible issue with XLR plug

John89

Hi everyone,

I recently bought DT 1990 Pro (Beyerdynamic) and I'm very pleased with how they sound. But today I just noticed that the mini XLR plug in the left cup is a bit loose. With that I mean that it's not completely fixed but it rotates a bit in both directions whenever I move the XLR male connector of the included cable when it's plugged. I would like to know from other owners of this model if they experience the same "issue" (and if I should RMA them) or if it's just normal. In addition, I tried to shake the headphones and I didn't notice rattling or any other sound (so nothing seems loose inside the cup).

Thanks!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi everyone,

I recently bought DT 1990 Pro (Beyerdynamic) and I'm very pleased with how they sound. But today I just noticed that the mini XLR plug in the left cup is a bit loose. With that I mean that it's not completely fixed but it rotates a bit in both directions whenever I move the XLR male connector of the included cable when it's plugged. I would like to know from other owners of this model if they experience the same "issue" (and if I should RMA them) or if it's just normal. In addition, I tried to shake the headphones and I didn't notice rattling or any other sound (so nothing seems loose inside the cup).

Thanks!
Mine is rock solid. If bought new I would ask for an exchange. Im sure the socket will continue to twist and move during handling and use and the wires connected behind it likely micro fine. Dont want a loose/ broken connection months down the line when you cant exchange .

OP
J

John89

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom