• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beware Douk Audio

AudioUser

I join this group just to post this. I just bought the Douk Audio U2 Pro. USB Digital Interface, The fiber output stop working after the unit had warmed up. Douk Audio would not let me return the unit. They started to play email games with me asking if I updated the drivers and if other outputs are working. When I need only the fiber port working. I run a imac and no other drivers needed.

My background had been in electronics all my working life. So I know if something is not working the way it should. The stop emailing me when I told them what was going on with the unit.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you purchase it through Amazon? Or was it purchased directly?

OP
A

AudioUser

Running a iMac no drivers needed. This is from the XMOS website.
I only need the fiber port working. This is what drives my 5.1 computer system . I only bought it because of the fiber port. I did not care if the other ports are working. The fact is the fiber port needs to work 100%.

sam_adams

Major Contributor
I have one of the Douk Audio U2 Pros running on an old MacBook Pro. I'm using the SPDIF port output from the device. Are you using an external supply or powering it from the USB port on the iMac? Have you tried the Co-Ax port output—if your destination device supports it?

Edit: @Blumlein 88 has correctly pointed out below that this device is for stereo only.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Their web site says it only supports 2 channel stereo. Are you trying to get 5.1 out of it? Have you tried it just for stereo? Also do you have a way to try it with the RCA output just to see if the unit is working at all?

raif71

Major Contributor
1708231192158.jpeg

Top Bottom