• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Sokel

Master Contributor
Thanks!

And you have the latest version of MT I linked? If not, the "slash" or "/" on the second line prevents it to work. Please remove the second line and try again.

It should work, if you have the full stop as a separator.
Yep!

now.PNG

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I get -300db H2 :p

With "comma" on the regional settings and "full stops" on the calibration file? Strange, it freezes for me with this setup, never gets to the measurement phase.

Sokel

Master Contributor
With "comma" on the regional settings and "full stops" on the calibration file? Strange, it freezes for me with this setup, never gets to the measurement phase.
No,the opposite.
Full stop on the regional settings in both instances.
Works with full stop not working with comma.

Rantapossu

No,the opposite.
Full stop on the regional settings in both instances.
Works with full stop not working with comma.

Mine is:
Full stop on the regional settings, full stop on calibration file: works
Comma on the regional settings, full stop on calibration file: doesn't work, freezes before the measurement begins.

Sokel

Master Contributor
See here

cal.PNG

with cal

no cal.PNG

without cal (see the noise floor)

Full stops everywhere!

Edit:Tried the other combinations and they don't work.
(I'll stick with the nice -300db one)

Rantapossu

Full stops everywhere!

Edit:Tried the other combinations and they don't work.
(I'll stick with the nice -300db one)

Thanks so much!

Sorry if I made you sweat with my instructions! ;)

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep,

REW calibration file made with the comma separated decimal on the regional settings:

1.000000 -13.740 154.7557

REW calibration file made with the full stop separated decimal on the regional settings:

1.000000 -13.731 154.7991

So REW doesn't use the current Windows configuration when creating the calibration file, it uses always the full stop!

Ok, thanks for testing! Please try this version. Should expect only decimal point, no commas in calibration files regardless of your locale settings:

https://app.box.com/s/qbrh3czrvudclkqs9n8lm806k3hzmjx5

Rantapossu

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In a previous message I mentioned another new feature I'm working on... Well, I'm going to try to introduce this one slowly... :)

https://app.box.com/s/qbrh3czrvudclkqs9n8lm806k3hzmjx5

The new feature is the ability to create custom dynamic expressions that can be used inside the chart titles. For example, say you want the spectrum chart to include the FFT size, sampling rate, and the channels recorded on the title. Easy! Enter this text into the title setting:

My Chart {recordSampleRate/1000}kHz, {fftSize/1024}k fft, {channelsIn}

Here's the result:
1663036503859.png

Notice that you can insert variables into the title using the '{ }' brackets. What's more, you can even insert calculations to be performed on those variables. There are also ways to format the numbers to display a certain number of digits, or in scientific notation. Some other variables you can use, as an example: {tdn}, {thd}, {noise}, {level}, {levelRMS}, {imd}, {sfdr}, {enob} and many others.

For a complete (long) list of variables and all the possible mathematical, logical, and text expressions supported, please see here.

Now the title will always reflect your selected sample rate, fft size, and channel selections! You can do this with all the tabs in MT, each chart can have its own title.

If this works as expected, I'll add the same feature in other places where it makes sense in Multitone. But let's start with the titles. I'm sure there's plenty of opportunities to break things here -- this represents a lot of changes and some very complex code :)

Rantapossu

The new feature is the ability to create custom dynamic expressions that can be used inside the chart titles. For example, say you want the spectrum chart to include the FFT size, sampling rate, and the channels recorded on the title. Easy! Enter this text into the title setting:

My Chart {recordSampleRate/1000}kHz, {fftSize/1024}k fft, {channelsIn}

Thanks!

I may have heard of this before... Where it could have been.... Let me refresh my memory... Oh yes, now I remember! :cool:

Of course the ultimate solution for the titles would be the fully dynamic titles for all the tabs and the use of the variables on the text box:

TITLE: This is the spectrum of {outputdev} measured at {samplerate} with {gain} db gain on {date}

would output title on the graph:

"This is the spectrum of Sound Blaster 16 measured at 44.1 kHz with -3 db gain on 1/1/1970" ;)

This would of course mean also that the title text templates have to be saved to the config when shutting down MT.

But I don't think I have enough money to pay your night shifts when you are coding this...

And I didn't even have to pay for it! ;)

Rantapossu

And that's not all!

As a only low-paid beta tester I tried to introduce a new revolutionary killer feature for the corporate crown jewel program, but I was miserably shot down by self-respecting programmers:

I think the tab titles should stay fixed, since what is under that tab is always the last measurement result, rather than the custom text I entered to label some previous measurement that may or may not match what is actually there.

;)

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And that's not all!

As a only low-paid beta tester I tried to introduce a new revolutionary killer feature for the corporate crown jewel program, but I was miserably shot down by self-respecting programmers:
;)

Ah, but you asked for a tab title change, not plot title change! Of course that idea was shot down -- it was misunderstood at the highest levels of managerial staff (they are not all very smart, up there!) ;)

Rantapossu

Ah, but you asked for a tab title change, not plot title change! Of course that idea was shot down -- it was misunderstood at the highest levels of managerial staff (they are not all very smart, up there!) ;)

;)

This is what I said in my proposal: "...would output title on the graph:" ;)

I was suggesting that every tab should have this option to print the customized title for the graph/plot and not that every "tab title" should have customizable text. We were talking about the title text boxes then...

But anyway, thanks again, I'll try to break this version too when I have some spare time!

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
;)

This is what I said in my proposal: "...would output title on the graph:" ;)

I was suggesting that every tab should have this option to print the customized title for the graph/plot and not that every "tab title" should have customizable text. We were talking about the title text boxes then...

But anyway, thanks again, I'll try to break this version too when I have some spare time!

Told you they're not very smart up there, in the C-suite :)

Rantapossu

Told you they're not very smart up there, in the C-suite :)

I don't know about that, but the R&D and programming people most certainly are!

The list of the new variables is breathtaking! Oh what possibilities this opens up for us...

Top Bottom