• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Then if Multitone had a control labeled process gain, I could tell it to dial down the results shown by 24 db. Which would be the accurate output of the DAC or other DUT.

So is this something anyone else might find useful, and the big question, is it a big deal for Paul to add in this additional control?

You can do that with a bit of work by setting up a calibration file in MT. All you need to do is specify the range and the dB to scale by. Something like this would do it for 20-22050 range (the last number on both lines is phase):

20 24 0
22050 24 0

Sokel

Master Contributor
The preview results measurements window says L channel on output no matter what you choose.
@Rantapossu keep the score!

always L.PNG

Sokel

Master Contributor
It says the same in every out.L,L/R or R.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Measurements show only input channels
And why it reports the out too?
It should be blanc then.Wasn't like this until yesterday.
To be exact,I'm talking about the one I yellowed.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You can do that with a bit of work by setting up a calibration file in MT. All you need to do is specify the range and the dB to scale by. Something like this would do it for 20-22050 range (the last number on both lines is phase):

20 24 0
22050 24 0
Okay that would work. I hadn't really done anything with the calibration feature.

fireanimal

Having an issue that if a calibration file is loaded, the software just hangs on processing after the measurement.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Having an issue that if a calibration file is loaded, the software just hangs on processing after the measurement.

Post the calibration file, please.

Just figured it out: calibration file causes an error unless you have two channel recording. Fixed it here:

https://app.box.com/s/qbrh3czrvudclkqs9n8lm806k3hzmjx5

You'll need to uninstall the previous version of Multitone, then reinstall it from the link above. Let me know if this works -- I broke this yesterday, apparently, when fixing other calibration issues.

Last edited:

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is there a way to tell which was the recording channel when comparing the measurements?

It doesn't say it on the title and it doesn't fit on the "Sample Rate" -box. Changing the "Chn" -selector doesn't help either, this is recorded with the right channel and it shows the result anyway even if I choose the left channel from the "Chn" -selector:

1662586826300.png

Like I said before, knowing the record channel doesn't matter for example with the Cosmos ADC or RME interfaces ets, but some cheaper cards like my E-MU it does matter:

1662587351982.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a way to tell which was the recording channel when comparing the measurements?

It doesn't say it on the title and it doesn't fit on the "Sample Rate" -box. Changing the "Chn" -selector doesn't help either, this is recorded with the right channel and it shows the result anyway even if I choose the left channel from the "Chn" -selector:

View attachment 229354

Like I said before, knowing the record channel doesn't matter for example with the Cosmos ADC or RME interfaces ets, but some cheaper cards like my E-MU it does matter:

View attachment 229355
Expand the column width, you'll see the recording sampling rate and channel(s) selected.

Sokel

Master Contributor

View attachment 229354

View attachment 229355
You mean that?

channel.PNG

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh, I tried to expand it before and it didn't work... :facepalm:

I was trying it within the white result text area, but now I know it expands only within the blue title area!

Thanks!

Top Bottom