• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best speakers for high end 7-car garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I most certainly don’t need approval or affirmation from people on this or any other forum. I asked for some alternative speakers that I may have missed but the only ones that have been brought up are Meyer Sound.

I have been at this and many other interests for fifty years and know a thing or two about high-end audio. Excellent products have a way of becoming well known by those seeking the best of the best. Leading publications like Absolute Sound, Stereophile and a plethora of other reviewers have virtually nothing on these speakers that an internet search shows they been in business for forty years.

Somehow this miraculous product has been completely missed by everyone on the planet when it comes to home audio except some people on ASR. That does not pass the smell test.

There are any number of speakers that can serve my purpose and anyone on here or anywhere who says that Revel or B & W speakers and some others are not very high-quality speakers which produce excellent sound has zero credibility.

Like I said I was wondering if there was something I was missing but I am not going to take the bait on some eight-thousand-dollar speakers that nobody has ever heard of. Not today folks.
uh huh

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
if you truly had this much money this many cars why would you even go to the bother of dummying up floorplans like this

i know a guy with a $17 mil. house slash estate and he has this many cars and they're all just stack and packed there because... he's got rich persons problems to attend to... got no time to mess around on cad on a computer to impress nobodies on the internet...

rich person's problems includes how to get a tennis court, basketball court, fake river lake, helipad etc. done on on property

OP
T

Terry Stahly

Typical bullcrap one tends to find on forums I should have known better to post on here

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this a bizarre joke? High end garage speakers?

OP
T

Terry Stahly

Amusing

You tell people that Bowers & Wilkins and Revel are “toys” and I am wasting my time if I don’t ante up $8,800 w/tax for Meyer Sound Amie’s then turn around and ridicule people who can afford to buy them.

You guys are a laugh and a half, keep on pontificating about stuff you don’t own and cannot afford and sit on the sidelines critiquing others who can and do.

Predictable brain-numb responses from online lurkers who post regularly on forums, it is amusing to the few of us who have a better handle on life.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'd probably just turn on six or seven of those mobile sound systems parked in there.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Someone must have paid that guy to entertain us!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
BTW, what suggestions do you guys have for a SOTA high end system for my garden shed?

I was thinking Benchmark AHB-2s, bi amped and bridged, so four of them plus speakers. But no reflex ported speakers as the spiders and snakes will get inside. My Wilson Alexias just don't do it for me anymore when I kick back after a hard day's mowing and chainsawing. Not too big as I need space for all the mowers AND the french door beer fridge.

Cheers.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BTW, what suggestions do you guys have for a SOTA high end system for my garden shed?

I was thinking Benchmark AHB-2s, bi amped and bridged, so four of them plus speakers. But no reflex ported speakers as the spiders and snakes will get inside. My Wilson Alexias just don't do it for me anymore when I kick back after a hard day's mowing and chainsawing. Not too big as I need space for all the mowers AND the french door beer fridge.

Cheers.
How many wheelbarrows?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
How many wheelbarrows?

Good point. Only three at the moment. I'm adding six more for sound treatment soon. Probably will hang them in the corners to control reflections.

What brand do you suggest? Trying to keep the budget around $3k for all six wheelbarrows if that is enough?

edit: I might need to up my wheelbarrow budget:

1696204607232.png

Last edited:

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Good point. Only three at the moment. I'm adding six more for sound treatment soon. Probably will hang them in the corners to control reflections.

What brand do you suggest? Trying to keep the budget around $3k for all six wheelbarrows if that is enough?
Adam kill this thread please. Gad!

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's just getting interesting! :)
I hate being a Facebook and web creep but I can’t help it in this case. Guy’s parents were big Ferrari club people. From mother’s obituary. Runs a truck parts and repair business. Born to wealth clearly. He appears to be a very good photographer. He races cars. That’s cool. He’s posted questions on Ferrarichat and another forum about flooring and toolboxes for his 7 car garage. Just rubs me the wrong way. And probably everyone here as well.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In general not sure why I'd want 2 x 2ch setup particularly with such small speakers like those Revels. I'd want more serious garage speakers but might need to know if he has serious cars....LOL

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Just rubs me the wrong way. And probably everyone here as well.

In Australia, we'll happily take the piss out of people like that. The smart ones pull their heads in pretty quickly and backtrack. The dumb ones double down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom