• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Being liked

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There was a time, on this forum, when I had about half as many likes as posts. I'm not sure if I was being deliberately naughty at the time or was just less likeable then, but I now have almost as many likes as posts and it puts me in a bit of quandary, because while it is relatively easy to be disliked, it is rather harder to be liked (and remain so).

So....does it matter how many likes you get, do you notice/care about it and, most importantly, were you once less likeable too? :oops:

No. Likes are only important to generally younger females posting pictures constantly on social media. Be honest. Say what you believe and never troll. We all make mistakes. If someone shows you are obviously wrong, learn from it, acknowledge it and move on. Be happy you gained knowledge.

Audiofire

Likes are only important to generally younger females posting pictures constantly on social media.
And those annoying "remember to like and subscribe" reminders on YouTube, as well as some other instances.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some good posts over at A Call For Humor will get you likes even if you to start arguments, disagree with Amir, or post about politics on other threads.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Plus I'm just intrinsically likeable.
:rolleyes:
;)
:facepalm:

Most of all y'all around here are likely* not old enough to remember an atypical villain who once appeared on the justly famed US TV sitcom Get Smart called Simon the Likeable.

1709846624779.jpeg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, yes, humor is an intrinsic characteristic talent that many have. I my case it started when I began to act up in my blue collar school days which came from boredom. Man I was so damned smart (ass) until I got into engineering at UC Berkeley and all of sudden I was running in pack with very gifted guys (virtually all guys) many whose own asses would get shipped back to Taiwan, India or Iran if they didn't have B+ averages. Then my humor became much more subdued but survived and has been asset throughout my adult life. I do try not offend so call me on it if you are. Funny to me may not be to you.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I my case it started...
... with an older nasty-by-birth sister, having the gift of a forkED tongue: I honed her 'talent' by infusing it with the typical NYC vulgarities.
Check-mate; she left me alone.:)

Here @asr, I've been trying to behave and have only gotten two time-outs and a few removed (inappropriate) posts.
Notches on my lipstick case.:(

Ze Frog

There was a time, on this forum, when I had about half as many likes as posts. I'm not sure if I was being deliberately naughty at the time or was just less likeable then, but I now have almost as many likes as posts and it puts me in a bit of quandary, because while it is relatively easy to be disliked, it is rather harder to be liked (and remain so).

So....does it matter how many likes you get, do you notice/care about it and, most importantly, were you once less likeable too? :oops:
Likes on internet forums aren't really a measure of how people view you or things you say really, nothing to really give much thought to.

I for instance on another forum create emulation for people to enjoy, sometimes it can have a few hundred downloads and yet only 6 thankyou messages in comments and maybe double that in a simple like reaction. It's just how the internet is really these days. I'm sure people appreciate my efforts even if they don't always express such.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just realized that I have all members in this thread beat by a wide-margin w/Likes.:oops:
Yes, I have given more Likes than all of uze; unintentional as they may have been.
∴ I must like Likes, but Likes don't like me!

Top Bottom