• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Being liked

Digby

Major Contributor
There was a time, on this forum, when I had about half as many likes as posts. I'm not sure if I was being deliberately naughty at the time or was just less likeable then, but I now have almost as many likes as posts and it puts me in a bit of quandary, because while it is relatively easy to be disliked, it is rather harder to be liked (and remain so).

So....does it matter how many likes you get, do you notice/care about it and, most importantly, were you once less likeable too? :oops:

Fahzz

Forum Donor
There's someone on the Golden Ears thread whose post/like ratio is in the negative I think.

Reactions: GDK

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Unfortunately, I can't help but think of (recent) birthday girl* Sally Field. ;)

we like sally.gif

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Without giving it much thought, my suspicion would be we now have more members. Many don't post often, but the number has grown substantially even in the last 30 months you have been a member. So when you post there is a greater likelihood someone will like your post. Therefore your post to like ratio increases with more eyes on each post.

If you need a hug though, you can have one from me. :)

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
Without giving it much thought, my suspicion would be we now have more members. Many don't post often, but the number has grown substantially even in the last 30 months you have been a member. So when you post there is a greater likelihood someone will like your post. Therefore your post to like ratio increases with more eyes on each post.

If you need a hug though, you can have one from me. :)
there I was thinking I was becoming more likeable, but no...there are just more people around to like my posts and my likeability has remained static :(

Thank you for the hug offer though, I will bear that in mind ;)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I won't deny that I like getting the little thumbs ups on my posts. If nothing else, it proves that someone is reading what you wrote, which is an indicator that our time here isn't COMPLETELY wasted.

liked. ;)

D

Deleted member 21219

Don't worry about whether people "like" you or not. Just go through life, doing the best you can, and let the cards fall as they may. If you do that, you'll usually find out that people like you .... both on the computer and in real life.

It pays to be yourself, and the currency is peace of mind.

Jim

Top Bottom