• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Being liked

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I think I probably give the most likes to members on ASR( I have no way to confirm this )
I just feel bad for people writing comments and getting 0 likes(especially long ones )
It's very tiring sometimes but I still do it

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
100 Likes and $6 will get you a cup of something at Starbucks.
But...internet famous! Right up there with examples like Danny :facepalm:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sound like ChatGPT might have a great shot at being a like magnet then :eek:
My first attempt to get ChatGPT likes here was very disappointing.
Only the questioner liked it, and I think they were being polite.

This surprised me as I thought ChatGPT's answer was coherent, sensible, and pertinent, if not totally accurate. That frequently describes my own best posts.

I will try again, perhaps not revealing that the answer was ChatGPT's, and appending my question with "answer in a way that will get the most likes on ASR."

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don’t like any of you.
Keith

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
There was a time, on this forum, when I had about half as many likes as posts. I'm not sure if I was being deliberately naughty at the time or was just less likeable then, but I now have almost as many likes as posts and it puts me in a bit of quandary, because while it is relatively easy to be disliked, it is rather harder to be liked (and remain so).

So....does it matter how many likes you get, do you notice/care about it and, most importantly, were you once less likeable too?

We use this “Like to Post” ratio to determine who stays and who goes. You were hovering just over the grave and pulled out a win in the 9th inning. Keep up the good work. :cool:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

nerdemoji

I don’t pay much attention to the liking system. I rarely like posts mostly because I forget to, so I don’t really care about it when I don’t receive many likes (example: this post).

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
My 1.93 is no contest to @restorer-john's 2.99. Therefore it is clear, you should choose to read his posts instead, as you are much more likely to like them. :-D
@restorer-john seems to be trying to rectify his high score by making known his heretical views on low priced Class D amplifiers. Maybe he is also struggling with the burden of being too well liked? :eek:

Your ratio between likes and posts will only get better if you stop posting from now on. :)
Well, Holdt, my dear friend, I didn't know you cared ;)

And yes, you’ll get most likes for the regulars. It’s not that you were less likable before, just that people got to know you better.
So, what you're saying is.....they tolerate me better now?

My goodness, how many backhanded compliments can one person collect in a single thread :D
As for likes to post length, I once got 20+ likes on a post with just “:facepalm::facepalm:. That is way more effective than doing all the review nonsense;)
You shouldn't give away your cheat codes so easily.
See you are already getting a few more likes. I have added myself. Feel better soon.
Thank you, the struggle is real!
... unsure on current conversion rates. ;)
So in the picture we have, from left to right, 2 cents, 2 pence and....some kind of crazy Lord of the Rings money?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48726

@restorer-john seems to be trying to rectify his high score by making known his heretical views on low priced Class D amplifiers. Maybe he is also struggling with the burden of being too well liked? :eek:

Well, Holdt, my dear friend, I didn't know you cared ;)

I don't. I merely explained it.

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It reminds of how pop music is popular, but not because of quality - in my opinion, much of the best music is forgotten or overlooked.

Edit: Recency bias is an example why likes are not the only thing that matters.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I equate 'Likes" to cannon fodder!
Unfortunately, I must have just a bad aim!
Dude, you have more likes than a teenager describing a novel!:)
That's just a bad analogy: Or, perhaps, I never learned how to describe a novel and it's too late to learn!

Top Bottom