• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

gorb

Forum Donor
IMG_5826.jpeg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A friend’s brother works there; apparently went through a merger/acquisition or something. Several of the beer I normally see were unavailable for stretches, but now they are back!
The Total Dom seems to have gotten a touch up as I’ve noticed more grapefruit character in the hops that used to not be there. *shrugs
Regardless, still a solid and quite quaffable IPA.
Yeah, they did have some hiccups with the original investor/merger that I remember, but I missed the latest one altogether!

mnOrn

I really enjoy beers that don't necessarily adhere to the German purity law - recently, I have tried out Kemker Kultuur from Münster, Germany. They mostly make sour beers, so you have to be into that ;)

LeShog

Staropramen is a Pilsen beer mainly sold in the eastern european market. I live close to the border to an eastern european country so I keep stored at home a crate and I cross the border just to get a refill (and to get petrol, which is way cheaper). Terrific value for money being an industrial beer: it’s Czech’s favorite beer for a reason, but still it’s industrial. As quality it competes very well with craft beers which usually cost a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_4537.jpeg
    IMG_4537.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am presently slurping this creamy tasty beverage stuff. No more cannabis flower, moon rocks or vape pens because I just can't handle the coughing and I'm simply not getting high in any manner that I can detect anymore. Nothing.
blarneys.jpg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I am presently slurping this creamy tasty beverage stuff. No more cannabis flower, moon rocks or vape pens because I just can't handle the coughing and I'm simply not getting high in any manner that I can detect anymore. Nothing.
View attachment 355278
Are you sure about not being high? You posted that in the Beer thread, after all, Dood. ;) :p :cool:

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Just finished a 6-pack of Cuver's Bell Road Bohemian Pils.
Was at a local restaurant yesterday and had a couple pints of Laughing Monk's Holy Ghost Pils. Picked up a 4-pack of that at my local grocery.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just finished a 6-pack of Cuver's Bell Road Bohemian Pils.
Was at a local restaurant yesterday and had a couple pints of Laughing Monk's Holy Ghost Pils. Picked up a 4-pack of that at my local grocery.
I love a ice cold near frosting in the bottle pilsner. Just at that temperature where it could turn to ice but it's not at all. There's a Canadian pilsner called Labatt Blue that is very nice for guzzling in quantity on hot summer days when one simply requires a effective solution to the heat and yet not break the bank.
blue.jpg

Multicore

Major Contributor
I love a ice cold near frosting in the bottle pilsner. Just at that temperature where it could turn to ice but it's not at all. There's a Canadian pilsner called Labatt Blue that is very nice for guzzling in quantity on hot summer days when one simply requires a effective solution to the heat and yet not break the bank.
View attachment 355283
Beer snobs around here name this category of beer Lawnmower.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Beer snobs around here name this category of beer Lawnmower.
For years when the weekly gravel pit car stereo parties where still a thing on Friday and Saturday nights I could not get enough Labatt Blue. That and Kooteney Pale Ale. That stuff makes a terribly hot day a pleasure to behold!
kootenay.jpg

Top Bottom