• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

gorb

Forum Donor
Some pics from Saturday’s share:
x1e8Kga.jpg

b2LNBfK.jpg

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow. Utopias…super rare.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seven Island Brewery King Cyborg, super tasty and refreshing.
IMG_20220320_204754.jpg

Dry and Bitter Brewing Apricurrant
IMG_20220320_185541.jpg

F

freemansteve

I like Punk IPA. There are superb beers in the the UK now, and US craft beers are fab too. Belgium and Germany also have great craft beer - no need to get hung up on nationality - good beer is good beer.

In the end - living, hand-pulled beer is what I prefer. Probably illegal in some places! But you have to abide by Reinheitsgebot wherever you live, else you get fake beer that includes rice, etc.

I also like real Budweiser, which is not available (AFAIK) in the USA.

But as I already drink too much wine, I drink Punk AF (like IPA, no alcohol, but very fine if you've already has a skinful). :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any recommendations for amber ales? I’ve tried Fat Tire and Bell’s and was left unmoved. My favorite, Malt Shaker by Foothills Brewing, is no longer being bottled. My second favorite, Red Oak, is actually an amber lager, not an ale.

Last edited:

gorb

Forum Donor
Any recommendations for amber ales? I’ve tried Fat Tire and Bell’s and was left unmoved. My favorite, Malt Shaker by Foothills Brewing, is no loner being bottled. My second favorite, Red Oak, is actually an amber lager, not an ale.

Maybe try Zoe by Maine Brewing Co if available in your area.

Ricardus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm gluten intolerant, but will have some GF beers when I can find them. But mostly I drink a lot of NY State Ciders.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
PXL_20220320_203827462.jpg

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any recommendations for amber ales? I’ve tried Fat Tire and Bell’s and was left unmoved. My favorite, Malt Shaker by Foothills Brewing, is no longer being bottled. My second favorite, Red Oak, is actually an amber lager, not an ale.
Mac and Jack African Amber and Alaskan brewing Amber are popular around here. Depending on what your preferences are some holiday ales are based on ambers with spices added.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm gluten intolerant, but will have some GF beers when I can find them. But mostly I drink a lot of NY State Ciders.
Cider has really grown up in the past decade. That's my wife's go to as well once she went gluten free. There are some great hoppy ciders. I like making a cherry cider every summer when cherries are in season.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mac and Jack African Amber and Alaskan brewing Amber are popular around here. Depending on what your preferences are some holiday ales are based on ambers with spices added.
Neither is available in my area, unfortunately. ☹️

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Replacement found!

8D70F1DB-E8B2-4684-9BFA-5B144CD13614.jpeg

Top Bottom