• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Kuba

IMG_20200620_193450.jpg

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So what you all doing ? I'm off beer but you can't all be sober sad bastards like me .?
I've mainly been drinking don't brewdog beers, there was free shipping, I was week, and I wanted some larger in the house. I'm still undecided about their lost larger, my normal go to larger is Urquell, this is much blander than that classic, yet I keep going back for more. I was drinking punk IPA tonight, I do like that.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As a beer enthusiast, the most frustrating part of this thread is the lack of distribution in my area. Sure I can get great local beers like Ommegang, Chatham, and even drive an hour for a pint of Suarez Family Saison, but 1/2 of what interests me in this thread isn’t available.
Which beers are making you thirsty?

egellings

Major Contributor
I'm from Milwaukee originally, and an Old Style badge (from a tap handle) mounted as a hood ornament on the rust bucket car was de rigueur (ahem) for anyone headed up North on highway fordy wun to go deer huntin'.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 70058

I live quite close to Barnard Castle, so had to get some of this. It is indeed hazy, - not bad, but not great either - made up for by the fact that profit from sales fund their production of free hand sanitizer for the NHS and other key workers.

Like the label. Sadly, your review echoes my feelings on nearly all Brewdog (and collabs of theirs) I have tried. Even the best are nothing to write home about.

egellings

Major Contributor
I agree. I used to do home brewing, and then really good beers became readily available, those made with just 4 ingredients, one of which is water, and the others are barley, hops & yeast.

egellings

Major Contributor
Oh, and I'll have you know, I am enjoying a nice brewski as I write, as required, as required. Grammatical & spelling errors are likely to increase in frequency as time goes by. Stereo sounds better, too.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20200626_185943_984.jpg

Beer tasting platter. The first 3 were local craft beers, the last one, Coedo Beniaka (Japan) might be of most interest here. It is brewed with sweet potato. Shochu meets beer. Savoury, starchy, sweet. I get a bit of kumquat and cola too.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My weakness is for the Trappists, even the mass produced ones. This will make for (yet another...) nice leisurely evening at home.

20200627_154722.jpg

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First cask conditioned beer for me in months, courtesy of the local pubs takeout service. This is wonderful in a beer garden in perfect weather, but you cannot have everything.
summerlightning.png

Top Bottom