• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

QMuse

Major Contributor
I'm more worried about where the field mouse fits in with it all. Naturally fermented perhaps? :oops:

LOL Same thought crossed my mind as well but I choosed not to follow that direction - let's just think of it as a symbol of natural resources. :D

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Had some of this last night, it's quite nice if you like stouts with far too much chocolate in them, a little bit more chocolate and it would be a decent pudding substitute.
DS8_2594-1-THIN.jpg

kokishin

Forum Donor
product-premiumbeer203oz-bottle.png

Especially with sushi!

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
InvictusBottle1.png

I just drank my last bottle. Exceptional beer for anyone fond of heavy, rich, and highly alcoholic beers.

Edit: I had an older vintage @18.4%abv. This years release sits at 'only' 10%. Not sure what else might have changed, but I've enjoyed the last few releases which typically sat in the 16-18% range.

http://www.flyingmonkeys.ca/invictus/

Last edited:
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Anyone in the UK who likes American style craft beers the verdant brewery is releasing fresh beer in its beer shop tomorrow.

Definitely worth a go , I'm currently drinking ' wild beer ' I have a few mix cases . They do particularly good stouts imo though are more known for sours.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Currently drinking:
kqcEtW0K_1600x1600.jpg

and
CTB_Hells_Lager_02.png

Tend to prefer lagers , pilsners and Helles and wheat bear now, used to love Adnams Adnams Southwold, Ghostship. If you get a chance to visit both Southwold and the Brewery its great.

Oh and my favourite beer ad

I like the neckoil and was drinking Lupuloid over the weekend.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
My go to beer is creemore. But, I prefer highly alcoholic beers with lots of flavour(Imperial russian stouts and double IPAs mostly).

I like to brew black IPAs, add a pound of maple syrup, ferment, age, and then dry hop to taste. I foolishly did not stock up on beer supplies before the shutdown hit, which feels like a lost opportunity with all this free time I have.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now brewed in the US by Lagunitas Brewery
Interesting, didn't know they now also brewed it in the US. I drank a lot of this when I was a student in Newcastle, it was still brewed in Newcastle then, but I've rarely had it since.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Interesting, didn't know they now also brewed it in the US. I drank a lot of this when I was a student in Newcastle, it was still brewed in Newcastle then, but I've rarely had it since.
Imo it's different now to how it was 20 years ago when I used to drink it alot.

I'd be fascinated to try the yank brewed version .

Maybe someone can ship some over to me to ' test ' . This seems entirely reasonable.

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Otherhalf Brewing. I'm lucky they started home delivery direct . Maybe one of the best craft breweries in the USA. Right up there Tree House and Trillium.

Attachments

• 20200409_152410.jpg
    20200409_152410.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Otherhalf Brewing. I'm lucky they started home delivery direct . Maybe one of the best craft breweries in the USA. Right up there Tree House and Trillium.
Been there , one of my preferred destinations beer wise in NYC . There's a cool door in there , it's black on some sort of steel runners.

Have you been here

SingleCut Beersmiths
19-33 37th St, Astoria, NY 11105, United States
+1 718-606-0788
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RMygqM2L2jYMkidQ8

I found this a fun place .

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Imo it's different now to how it was 20 years ago when I used to drink it alot.
It's completely different to how I remember it too, but I don't trust my memory, or my tastes having changed. I have a long list of beers that aren't what they used to be, fortunately there is a much longer list of beers that are currently great.

Top Bottom