• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

gorb

Forum Donor
IMG_6314.jpeg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Lagunitas just released their 2024 Waldo's Special Ale, a Triple IPA crashing in at a nice 11.7% and claiming 100+ IBU.

Lagunitas has always had a deft touch with making high IBU quite drinkable and this is no exception. Excellent balance of sweet and bitter without being cloying at the same time. Bitterness slowly creeps up behind everything else on the palate and lingers.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Craft Haus Czech style pilsner
1000002412.jpg

gorb

Forum Donor
Love that glass - it looks like an Iron Maiden t-shirt I used to have.

Does the beer lack effervescence or is it an illusion of the photo?
I filled the beer to the very top of the glass - enough so that only surface tension prevented it from spilling :D

The glass is a Parish Brewing Ghost in the Machine glass:
IMG_6488.jpeg

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I filled the beer to the very top of the glass - enough so that only surface tension prevented it from spilling :D

The glass is a Parish Brewing Ghost in the Machine glass:
View attachment 362165
Oh nice. I've had some of the Parish stuff when I've been in New Orleans. Will look for that when I'm at jazz fest in a few weeks.

Separately, Ghost in the Machine has always sounded like two albums to me. The first three songs and then the next eight. Probably a function of the radio play those brilliant first three got when I was a kid.

gorb

Forum Donor
Oh nice. I've had some of the Parish stuff when I've been in New Orleans. Will look for that when I'm at jazz fest in a few weeks.

Separately, Ghost in the Machine has always sounded like two albums to me. The first three songs and then the next eight. Probably a function of the radio play those brilliant first three got when I was a kid.
It’s one of my favorite IPAs. Should be all over New Orleans so I hope you find some and enjoy!

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Stoup Mosaic Pale. Fantastic at the brewery. And great in cans too.
1000002588.jpg

Top Bottom