• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

hege

Forum Donor

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I don't think anyone is doubting that some of the hundreds or thousands(?) of organ recordings out there contain actual deep organ frequencies.

It's not easy to find them though. most organs wont really have output there but only play the overtones

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning

1691300129068.png

+2dB @ 19Hz? How????

Last edited:

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
The question is what does 0 dB here refer to. That bass reaches -9 dBFS in my analyzer - that's still a lot, though.

Hayabusa

The question is what does 0 dB here refer to. That bass reaches -9 dBFS in my analyzer - that's still a lot, though.
I sampled the pc audio loopback with audacity with 0dB gain.
In audacity if I generate a 1.0 == 0dBFS sine wave it shows as also 0dB in spectrum plot.
Not if I make it a square wave, then if shows > 0dB
That peak is very short at 0:53, maybe it is also almost a square wave there?

Hayabusa

Emulator II

Brian Eno - Hazard (from the 1997 album "The Drop")

Great bass throghout the whole album.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello friends,

For your possible reference (and interests), I posted on my project thread;
- Reproduction and listening/hearing/feeling sensations to 16 Hz (organ) sound with my DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo audio system having big-heavy active L&R sub-woofers: #782

MachOne

This Ani DiFranco track is a bit of an oddity for the bass thread. I remember my 4412As freaking out a bit with this when I first played it.

Strong low end energy all the way down to 5Hz. (Points are set at 5, 10 and 20 Hz) Not sure if the Youtube audio goes that low...

1693629165643.png

hege

Forum Donor
This Ani DiFranco track is a bit of an oddity for the bass thread. I remember my 4412As freaking out a bit with this when I first played it.

Strong low end energy all the way down to 5Hz. (Points are set at 5, 10 and 20 Hz) Not sure if the Youtube audio goes that low...
Curious, but it's around -40dB which is not that audible (or should say feelable).
I_Know_This_Bar-[CD0o1ZRjs94].png

MachOne

Curious, but it's around -40dB which is not that audible (or should say feelable).
View attachment 309315

It's definitely very present if the system can reproduce it. I always wondered if the CD master I have was an anomaly though, it really should have been high passed. Where did you take your sample from?

hege

Forum Donor
It's definitely very present if the system can reproduce it. I always wondered if the CD master I have was an anomaly though, it really should have been high passed. Where did you take your sample from?
Youtube, there's guide in this thread:

Sokel

Master Contributor
I think Richard Strauss's Also Sprach Zarathustra conducted by Reiner with it's 30 sec constant strong 32Hz introduction qualifies for this thread:

Top Bottom