• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sokel

Master Contributor
It's rather faint...

Q9VxxRA.png
It is in the general maner but here we only have physical instruments in a 60 years old recording.
(hope you didn't measure the YT version,bass there is non existent ,don't know why)

That's how it looks like in REW's wav's analyzer:

spl.PNG

Spectrum.PNG

Definitely not a bass champion but enough to rumble the room if you pinch it a little.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's definitely very present if the system can reproduce it. I always wondered if the CD master I have was an anomaly though, it really should have been high passed. Where did you take your sample from?

Just for your reference, the well prepared and well QC-ed "Sony Super Audio Check CD" would fit for your demands, I assume.
I analyzed all the tracks of the "Sony Super Audio Check CD" here on my project thread, and you can also find there the liner notes (booklet) of the CD.

If you would be seriously interested in having the intact digital tracks of the CD, please simply PM me writing your wish.

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
hope you didn't measure the YT version,bass there is non existent
I doubt that it's much different from the (SA)CD.

That's how it looks like in REW's wav's analyzer:
What length of the intro is analyzed there? And why on SPL scale? It's pretty useless in this case. If you switch to dBFS your probably get that 30 Hz peak at about -40 dBFS, so similar to what's on @escape2 spectrogram.

danadam

22 Hz in: Michael Murray / 2000 - Bach, The Great Organ at Methuen / 02. Toccata in F Major, BWV 540
(youtube)
Bach_Toccata_F_Maj.png

16 Hz in: Michael Murray / 1986 - The Organ at St. Andreas-Kirche, Hildesheim / 01. Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV 546
(youtube)
Bach_Prelude_Fugue_CMin.png

Sokel

Master Contributor
I doubt that it's much different from the (SA)CD.

What length of the intro is analyzed there? And why on SPL scale? It's pretty useless in this case. If you switch to dBFS your probably get that 30 Hz peak at about -40 dBFS, so similar to what's on @escape2 spectrogram.
It's not the SACD,it's from the Red Seal Frietz Reiner's Complete RCA Collection.

Length is the whole track (00.01.51) and that's what it looks like on dbFS scale:

spec.PNG

danadam

It's not the SACD,it's from the Red Seal Frietz Reiner's Complete RCA Collection.

Length is the whole track (00.01.51) and that's what it looks like on dbFS scale:
Looks like it's this version on youtube then:

Normally I don't use Rectangular window but used here to be consistent with your screenshots. I did Averages though, as to me that's the only option that makes sense when analyzing files. Here it is in REW:
rew.png

And the spectrogram:
yt.intro.png

AlfaNovember

Carlos Henriquez - Al Fin Te Vi
alfintevi.png

Nice sound from a wooden box! I believe the energy down at 12Hz is a room resonance, or perhaps hvac rumble; my system can't go that low. (The SoX analysis is a local redbook flac, not the YT)

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Came in here hoping for fishing stories and recipes. Leaving disappointed.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
It's mostly energy between 60 and 80 Hz, and nothing below 40 Hz:

View attachment 320508
My search was for a realistic / live recording, as if the bass player is in the room. Not for the lowest and loudest bass, this time at least. :)

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Asking for a favor to produce a Spectrogram for the two below linked Tracks. I posted them in a different thread so here is a link to this posting:

Post in thread 'What are we listening to right now..'
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...are-we-listening-to-right-now.40/post-1750762

I am very interested in seeing how low these Vocalists sing. Especially the last few lines in the Misty Mountain song. Both contain a lot of vocal bass so graphing both songs would be interesting. Thank you for your assistance. :cool:

D

Deleted member 48726

Asking for a favor to produce a Spectrogram for the two below linked Tracks. I posted them in a different thread so here is a link to this posting:

https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...are-we-listening-to-right-now.40/post-1750762

I am very interested in seeing how low these Vocalists sing. Especially the last few lines in the Misty Mountain song. Both contain a lot of vocal bass so graphing both songs would be interesting. Thank you for your assistance. :cool:
There is this app called KRK Audio tools which displays a spectrum in real time of the sound. I know it's not 100 % correct nor the same as a graph of the track but good enough to gauge for something like this I think.

danadam

Home Free
Home Free - Man of Constant Sorrow--ew_bfFvros.png

Misty Mountains
Misty Mountains - Peter Hollens feat. Tim Foust-yb2HR47npEU.png

Top Bottom