• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophool buzzword bingo

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"Even beginner audiophiles won't have any use for cable lifts" CORRECT!

"Only after you've achieved a sufficient degree of resolution will you hear what they can do." :facepalm:

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It took him a full 11 paragraphs to finally get to the "cleared away the fog" metaphor. Audiophile, Schmaudiofile.

I loved the big straw man being built right from the get go. RFI is Science- so you need to do something about it!

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ask them to send a set to Amir to test.

Just need a ruler mate. Perfect measurements I reckon, 6.25 inches. No more , no less.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
The Sound of RFI

!

Made me chuckle.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"The AudioQuest Fog Lifters, a surprisingly effective, very affordable RFI remedy, act like focusing lenses and ratchet up definition. It's like affixing a girdle to the system's middle tire and containing the bloat. Not surprisingly, they work especially well with AudioQuest's own cables."

All of the synergies.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
When you tune your radio to your favorite station then you are listening to RF.
Then let a DC motor run alongside your antenna and you can listen to RFI.

This is not audiophile but a prime example of audiophool.

a2lowvw

"Hold on, this is waiting to be approved by Positive Feedback. " I doubt it makes the cut

EdW

I liked the bit about the 1ms delay caused by RFI. Possibly even group delay.

’That doesn't mean RFI is innocuous—far from it. If it gets into a component, the signal will appear altered and accurate processing will be compromised, most likely manifesting as messed-up timing. For example, the lower-midrange might be delayed a millisecond, then linger around too long. Frequency coherency gets out of sync causing smearing and blurry conditions—in other words, fog. That is exactly what the Fog Lifters remediate.’

In 40 years designing ICs and RF ICs I never came across this phenomenon - guess I must have missed something :)

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I liked the bit about the 1ms delay caused by RFI. Possibly even group delay.

’That doesn't mean RFI is innocuous—far from it. If it gets into a component, the signal will appear altered and accurate processing will be compromised, most likely manifesting as messed-up timing. For example, the lower-midrange might be delayed a millisecond, then linger around too long. Frequency coherency gets out of sync causing smearing and blurry conditions—in other words, fog. That is exactly what the Fog Lifters remediate.’

In 40 years designing ICs and RF ICs I never came across this phenomenon - guess I must have missed something :)

Im unsure why RFI will choose to ignore a cable that is 6 inches off the floor suspended on fishing wire , but will pick mercilessly on the humble one left wallowing in the murk on a floor.

Top Bottom