• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audeze MM-100

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got it in the inbox, a new full size 90mm planar from Audeze for $399 - the brand new MM-100.

Last edited:
OP
IAtaman

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neither did I. I thought they would be riding the Maxwell train for a while but I guess I was mistaken. No idea about the tuning, no info on the website, available for pre-order now, shipping in June '23.

Soria Moria

Only thing I wish were different about it is the nameplate on the cups. I don't personally care for Manny so I wish it just said Audeze instead of me looking like Manny's biggest fan with it on.

Soria Moria

1681594520057.png

In the promo material I notice they only have one cable connected to the headphones which would be really nice if that's the direction they're heading, but I can also see what looks like a port in the other earcup. Any idea what this is? Maybe you can choose which earcup to plug it into?

Soria Moria

Okay I was right, you can choose. I haven't seen this before. :)

Attachments

• MM100.png
    MM100.png
    464.8 KB · Views: 569

Soria Moria

It will apparently have a FR similar to the MM-500 as confirmed by the CEO. Excited to see how it performs. I’m personally just hoping for a smooth FR so it’ll EQ well.

OP
IAtaman

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had the chance to try out MM-500. It is one handsome piece of can, except for the Manny branding on the cups you mentioned. If MM-100 is anything like that, I think I'd get me one.

Kane1972

Can't wait for the reviews on these. These could be my first Planar's and I would use them for mixing.

poxymoron

Amir listened to them at the Pacific Audio Fest and thought that the bass was a bit flat.

Kane1972

I am now seeing $549 and $599 prices for the MM100. Some places still showing the $399, but are we now thinking they have decided to charge more?

Soria Moria

Hello from Audeze!

Thank you all again for your support and patience as we wrap up sourcing all the parts for the first production of MM-100 professional headphones! We’re very excited to announce that the first shipments will begin the week of August 7th. Almost all items are now in-house and final assembly has begun. You will receive an automated notification of payment processing for the remaining balance on your headphones if the full amount has not yet been paid in the next few days.’

Here’s to hoping we get some early measurements! That’s really all I’m waiting on to see if the product is worth acquiring. Maybe Audeze will send a pair to Amir? :oops:

Soria Moria

Some people have received their units by now. Some say theirs arrived with a defect in the plugs on the headphones where the L and R channels are switched if they have it plugged into a specific one.
I’m still waiting for the measurements. :rolleyes:

Kane1972

It seems the QC may be a bit off, probably due to the release date being pushed back all the time, so they were rushing? The Sony merger probably causing some turmoil. I hope the next run of them will have ironed out the kinks.

Soharu

Seeing a couple of responses on other sites that these planars are very mid-centric. I got a pair and do definitely feel them being mid centric

pk500

Seeing a couple of responses on other sites that these planars are very mid-centric. I got a pair and do definitely feel them being mid centric
In a good or bad way? Any comps to other headphones? Thanks.

Top Bottom