• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Atlantic Technology 8600eLR and 8600eC Tower and Center Channel review by Erin

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

download.jpg

download (1).png
download.png
download (2).png
download (3).png
download (4).png
download (5).png
download (6).png
download (7).png
download (8).png
download (9).png
download (10).png
download (11).png
download (12).png
download (13).png
download (14).png
download (15).png
download (16).png
download (17).png
download (18).png
download (19).png
download (20).png

Source and more: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/at...enter-channel-objective-based-review.3240929/

GabrielPhoto

So overall, this is considered a disappointing center compared to the C208, for example? How about the Silverscreen HD center?

Mustang

Great review, have you done testing on the Infinity R263 or R253 speakers or the PSA 210's? I'm curious how the measurements compare to these. I have seen lists on here that the Infinity's measure amazingly well for their price.

GabrielPhoto

Great review, have you done testing on the Infinity R263 or R253 speakers or the PSA 210's? I'm curious how the measurements compare to these. I have seen lists on here that the Infinity's measure amazingly well for their price.
The RC263 review and measurements are indeed here already. I havent seen the PSA ones.

Mustang

Thanks yes and the towers measure amazingly well it seems per a list on here somewhere of best speakers under $XXX

Truth is my eyes glaze over when I see all the charts. So was hoping Erin or someone who has seen or even conducted the testing on both speakers could speak to the sound quality (throw aside the cost).

I have become more and more amazed by my Infinity Setup (RC263, R263 X4 , Atmos that aren't infinity (ELAC), Monolith M215 sub, etc. ) It just sounds so good and it sounded better to me than anything else I've had.

GabrielPhoto

I have the RC263 but have not tested the PSA. Will be testing the 8600ec on Wednesday. Right now, the best center I have tested is the Revel C208 so unless the 8600ec matches better with my JBL 590s and my ears, the C208 will be the one I will end up with :)

Mustang

Yes doesn't surprise me as they are both made by the same folks. Certainly one more upscale than the other. Wonder if there are any similarities in performance of the C208 vs the RC263?

GabrielPhoto

To me the C208 just offers refinements over the RC263 that at least at the current sale prices, make it an easy choice for MY needs at least.

This was from a post I did about my observations between many centers I tested

This is about the c208
"Much more expensive than the others but when testing it isolated it blew me away.
First, the looks and size…to die for! Except I HATE piano finishes specially with this one as it kept reflecting my projector back! Piano finishes must die for HT speakers! :D
Ok rant over..now the quality of the sounds, I don’t want to get all romantic here but it gave almost a live performance vibe to certain moments like the previously mentioned Jenny Lind scene from Greatest Showman. The sound is very full with good bass (not sure why the bass results were so weak when measured here as it measured better in my room), and very wide dispersion created the best soundstage and connection to screen experience of all the centers tested."

Dont get me wrong, the RC263 is great but the C208 is just better. :)

Mustang

I find it amazing that this review got almost zero response. Noone else has tried these?

lewdish

I actually think the center doesnt measure too bad compared to the towers. Its bright sure, but most likely your AVR is going to take care of that in EQ anyways. Directionality isnt too bad tbh

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I find it amazing that this review got almost zero response. Noone else has tried these?

Because the measurements say it all- they are shockingly bad.

One step away from white van speakers.

Mustang

Because the measurements say it all- they are shockingly bad.

One step away from white van speakers.

isn’t that amazing considering their cost? I wonder if they went downhill from their prior models which I think were more highly regarded but I never heard them

Top Bottom