• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ATC P series - thoughts?

dfuller

Major Contributor
OP
D

dfuller

Major Contributor
Can't see anything from the US.

Not to whine too much, but why are so many audio mfgs so bad at internet? For instance, only about half of audio mfgs have figured out https for their web sites.
Odd, it works just fine for me and I'm in the states.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean, the ATC electronics are surprisingly affordable and professional-looking for British-made cottage-industry amplification. They also depreciate a surprising amount, at least locally.

Unfortunately, a build and look commensurate to the price (even if measurements aren't) is something you can't take for granted in its segment. The British cottage industry cult of personality has produced some of the worst culprits out there of audio electronics with price tags that don't match with their build and looks. Croft, LFD, Sugden for instance.

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I suspect that this is a reliable amp! Given that it uses the same design as the renowned "amp packs" in their range of actives, it stands to reason that the dedicated amp will be even longer lasting. Indeed, I've seen many people online say their 20 plus year old ATC's have not needed to be serviced yet. From what I've read on the matter, these amps are a very simple and well known class AB design, easy to service. Despite being offered on the "pro" section of the site, I'm skeptical that these are meant for anything but the more "hi-fi" pro scene, or perhaps the esoteric type that also decides to run the ATC passives with their dedicated power amp.

They certainly look the part and don't seem terribly expensive compared to other stuff in the audiophile world out there. Around these parts, I think most people would agree that you're better off with a well designed class D amplifier. But if what you want is a really nice chassis, and serviceability options for the next 50 years, this is probably a better bet. You also get something that's hand made in the UK and ATC's 6 year warranty which is a step above most manufactures.

Mountain Goat

Forum Donor
No, the original link is working now. /shrug

But it is idiotic how many audio companies haven't figured out https for their company web sites in 2021. It's so amateur.

Top Bottom