• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Asian music & artists

ADU

Major Contributor
Post and discuss Asian music and artists that you're listening to, including Bollywood, Kpop, artists from the Middle East, traditional music, etc.. Basically whatever floats yer boat.

I will make one small request, and that is if you're posting multiple video clips, try to put them in separate posts. Or at least break them up a bit to make the page loads a bit faster and easier.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
1643015892908.png

The People's Archive of Rural India (PARI) is both a living journal and an archive aimed at recording the everyday lives of everyday people. And to do that across what is, in many ways, the most complex and diverse part of the planet: rural India, with 833 million human beings, 700 living languages, multiple cultures and unrivalled occupational diversity. PARI is an online archive seeking to capture these many worlds on one website. PARI hosts and combines video, still photo, audio and text archives. There is content we already have and content we are newly generating. Both will take time and effort to organize and load.

https://ruralindiaonline.org/en/

https://soundcloud.com/ruralindia%2Fgsp-uvs-47-04-women-in-patriarchy

Katji

Major Contributor
Asia is huge, how many of the 100-200+ Asian artists that i listen to would you like to know? ;)
Maybe you could select those that are more likely to have an effect like :oops: o_O

Reactions: ADU

litemotiv

Maybe you could select those that are more likely to have an effect like :oops: o_O

Haha well, it's challenging because Asian music is so broad, a K-Pop band is so different from a rural singer in Afghanistan, or a post-punk band from Japan. It don't really know where to start!

OP
A

ADU

Major Contributor
Asia is huge, how many of the 100-200+ Asian artists that i listen to would you like to know? ;)

Many as you like. Totally up to you.

Haha well, it's challenging because Asian music is so broad, a K-Pop band is so different from a rural singer in Afghanistan, or a post-punk band from Japan. It don't really know where to start!

Where you begin or end is not so important as the journey imho. :)

Generally speaking, I try to post what sounds good to me, and try to pay some attention to the quality of the recording. And worry less about the genre, because I enjoy such a wide variety of different kinds of music. But it is really up to you what (if anything) you want to share here.

Last edited:

litemotiv

Okay i will try to post a very different things then, in separate posts per your request. :)

Here's a Japanese downtempo/nu-jazz artist that i like, Mondo Grosso, with a track named ラビリンス (Labyrinth) from the album 何度でも新しく生まれる (Reborn again and many times).

Zoomer

Orchestre de Plung.
If you're into early minimal (electronic) music (Terry Riley territory) this will blow you away.
Cover.jpg

litemotiv

Ustad Amjad Ali Khan is one of the primary musicians who popularized the classical Sarod instrument with a wider audience. This performance from 1995 is part of a 17-part series together with percussionist Ustad Zakir Hussain and a number of other highly skilled traditional players.

Top Bottom