• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

As I look into measurments more... thoughts on these?

dep14

Ok,

My attention span on measurements is fairly short. I do enjoy the "summary" and when I can clearly look at Amir's measurements and see a number (or if the channels match) if we are at or around -115db etc... but I'm used to his measurements.

Thoughts on the measurements of this Levinson Integrated? I'm interested in a used one, AND in using it's internal DAC.

(the more I look at measurements and watch videos... I'm starting to believe the shortest signal path, if done correctly matters more than any cable etc). Which... makes me think maybe an integrated is the way to go (especially for someone that only uses a streamer, and needs a HT bypass, that is all I need).

So, looking into integrated amps that have a built-in DAC. I do need power (my speakers are 84db, and are full range).

Thoughts on this Levinson?

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mark-levinson-no585-integrated-amplifier-measurements

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For an easy comparison to ASR review/measurements, the Levinson's SINAD is ~75dB. I don't know what the used price for the Levinson is but I would go for something like the NAD M33 instead. Streamer, DIRAC, roughly the same power but cleaner.

Top Bottom