• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Argon Audio

TSX

I'm eyeing this one for the price it is now a better offering than the WIIM I think be it mini or pro, Maybe comparable to the IFI Stream?. So no gapless playback over chromecast. So you need Roon for that? Or is it also possible to use DLNA and the Qobuz app?
Don’t know. I only use the Roon protocol on the SOLO. Got sick and tired of searching for a “fix” for gapless, highres, compatibility for god knows what, and just got the Roon lifetime subscription. Should have done that day one. Could have saved me probably hundreds of hours, I could have spent listening to music or being with my family. It’s not worth going through all that hassle to save a few bucks looking at the grand total spend on my audio setup. Done deal.

D1N0

Well I guess DLNA will work just fine but Argon just don't want to do customer support because of all the hassle it will give them. I think Roon is just too expensive for software however enthusiastic everyone is about it.

D1N0

Incoming. Bought it from Hifi Klubben because they will be opening a store in my town next year, so I can pester them if something doesn't work and they will give 5 year warranty. I checked out their site. They don't really have a broad offering.

TSX

Incoming. Bought it from Hifi Klubben because they will be opening a store in my town next year, so I can pester them if something doesn't work and they will give 5 year warranty. I checked out their site. They don't really have a broad offering.
Hifi Klubben is mostly for the Hegel and BW fanboys. Sonos too. And of course NAD/Bluesound. I don’t like them except Sonos. But their service is really great at my local shop

gmas

Just got my Solo today but I can't figure out how to get it to show up as a Roon endpoint, I'm only seeing Chromecast and Airplay endpoints. Any tips?

TSX

Just got my Solo today but I can't figure out how to get it to show up as a Roon endpoint, I'm only seeing Chromecast and Airplay endpoints. Any tips?
There’s nothing to figure out. I had the same issue. I reinstalled Roon and then it worked. The Argon Solo updates its firmware automatically. Be sure it’s updated. You can’t force an update. You have to reeboot or reset the Argon too maybe.

gmas

There’s nothing to figure out. I had the same issue. I reinstalled Roon and then it worked. The Argon Solo updates its firmware automatically. Be sure it’s updated. You can’t force an update. You have to reeboot or reset the Argon too maybe.
Thanks for sharing! How can I make sure it's updated if I can't force an update though? I couldn't find a list of firmware versions on their website, so I'm not sure whether it's on the latest.

D1N0

You can visit the SOLO's IP address in a browser to access the management page, you will be able to check and upgrade the firmware there as well as change a few other settings.

Thanks for sharing! How can I make sure it's updated if I can't force an update though? I couldn't find a list of firmware versions on their website, so I'm not sure whether it's on the latest.
Check it's IP in your router and go there using your browser. I don't think Argon published firmware updates but you could post it here and compare it with others.

D1N0

Mine arrived today it says it has firmware p14859.121.0 can anyone confirm wether that is the latest?

D1N0

Ok I managed to hang WIFI playback already either by trying to upnp to it with foobar (which did not work at all or very badly) or because I chose a network from the internal webpage (you can go there from it's windows network icon (right click show device webpage) I had to reset it and set it up again (which was somehow easier than the first time because google home immediately recognized it, the first time I had to manually search for it and then download the Android Device utility app to properly boot it up. Firmware is now updated to p15245.125.0

D1N0

I found I can Play Qobuz 192/24bit via BubbleUPnP so that works

Jole

How you check
Ok I managed to hang WIFI playback already either by trying to upnp to it with foobar (which did not work at all or very badly) or because I chose a network from the internal webpage (you can go there from it's windows network icon (right click show device webpage) I had to reset it and set it up again (which was somehow easier than the first time because google home immediately recognized it, the first time I had to manually search for it and then download the Android Device utility app to properly boot it up. Firmware is now updated to p15245.125.0
Firmware? Thanks....

Jole

No one replied but i found on their facebook - have to press and hold set up button on back anout 5sec - it will check and if firmware exsists it will install it in period 3-5 minutes with yellow blinking light.... After use it as u do......
how to check version i still have not found what im looking for :) ( U2)

Jole

If you are using the Google Home app, then you can go into the settings -> Device Information -> see under Technical Information. The current firmware version is 15245. Now is completed how to..I think.

SteveFX

Hi everyone! Does anyone has any experience with the BT2 MK2, especially the RCA output?

Brambo67

I've bought one also and connected to my Denon AVC trough analog RCA. I also have Topping E30 connected to my Denon via RCA. If I connected the Argon Solo to the Topping E30 via toslink; am I correct to assume I now can decide which DAC will do the D/A processing? If I choose the RCA input on the Denon for the Solo it is the DAC in the Solo, if I choose the input for the Topping it will be the Topping. Is this a correct assumption or am I missing something?

Dankeschon

I dont know if this is relevant. But I will inform that Solo is Working over Wi-Fi from the cheap Jriver 28 with Upnp server of Jriver on windows 10 I use the cheap Jremote on ipad10 with all albumart to control. Also my Cheap Sony Ubp x700 uhd Blu-ray works flawlessly with jriver 24 bit audiophile Dac server of Jriver but no album art, and Windows media player with the generic server of Jriver, but you need to load the albums to play.

Very nice sound quality, also the cheap Poweramp on my Sony Xperia 1iii phone works over chromecast Limit 24 bit 192. And of course Bluetooth sbc on android and aac on Apple. And Spotify Connect and tidal hifi over chrome cast, qobuz also.

I hope this is useful information.

lars1950

I'm the designer of the Argon Audio SOLO. Feel free to ask if you have any tech related questions.

-Michael
What WiFi security does the solo support, i.e.,wpa-2 or wpa-3 ?
I had considerable difficulties with the airplay setup procedure (from my iPhone), and I suspect it because of lacking wpa-3 support (which my network requires).
Your thoughts?

Top Bottom