• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Argon Audio

Basement

Our ears, by nature, also do averaging of the signal, so the FFT should be highly correlated with what we hear.
I agree that our ears to averaging, but I don't believe it 1:1 with an FFT. Very long FFT bins as used these days to not correlate very well with our hearing (in my opinion)

seaman

Could anyone help to torubleshoot the connection issues from iPhone using AirPlay.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Wifi settings (I can detect device with name ArgonSOLOXXXXXX in WiFi settings in section "SET UP NEW AIRPLAY SPEAKER").
2. Clicking on device name (I can detect correct Wifi network name).
3. After clicking on Next (I see dialog "Setting up this Airplay speaker to join <Wifi name>").
4. Message "An unexpected error occured. Try again.". Device led is Red.

I've tried multiple times to do device factory reset. The same scenario is reroduced when trying to set a new connection.
I've also changed the device in my local store. The same scenario is reproduced.
Bluetooth works fine.

seaman

Could anyone help to torubleshoot the connection issues from iPhone using AirPlay.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to Wifi settings (I can detect device with name ArgonSOLOXXXXXX in WiFi settings in section "SET UP NEW AIRPLAY SPEAKER").
2. Clicking on device name (I can detect correct Wifi network name).
3. After clicking on Next (I see dialog "Setting up this Airplay speaker to join <Wifi name>").
4. Message "An unexpected error occured. Try again.". Device led is Red.

I've tried multiple times to do device factory reset. The same scenario is reroduced when trying to set a new connection.
I've also changed the device in my local store. The same scenario is reproduced.
Bluetooth works fine.
UPD: Solution found - just restart router before joining Argon Audio with AirPlay.

Lekrofon

I'm the designer of the Argon Audio SOLO. Feel free to ask if you have any tech related questions.

-Michael
Hi, Michael!
The Solo just got my attention, it seems like a fine player. I will get one both for personal use, and for mye label Lekrofon. It is the HiRes audio capabilities that makes me interested. Both optical and coax is nice, as coax is missing from a lot of products.

Is this right? :
  • Solo offers 24/96 with Chromecast
  • Solo offeres 24/192 with Roon
An even cheaper model without the DAC would be nice!

Mvh Gaute Singstad

MaximXXL

I'm the designer of the Argon Audio SOLO. Feel free to ask if you have any tech related questions.

-Michael
My Solo stops after playing a few songs from Spotify. At the same time, my mac-mini plays Spotify non-stop. What is the possible problem?

Jhify

Just got one. nice box, sounds good. There's no other products on the market to compare to in the category at this price tag so I can only say it's good. It sounds more relax than the d50 I had before in this system which is more analytical. Although bass seems boosted quite a bit which is a little bummer. Is it just me ? Or are you guys hearing the same ? (I'm using the analog output which was the reason of the purchase)
(Edit: This is a real question it could really be just me)

Last edited:

bud947

No bass issue with my unit, but I’m using it as a pure streamer to topping e50.

@Basement did you consider sending an unit to Amir? It may boost your sales considerably as this undoubtedly an excellent product.

PS: adding integrated endpoint to Spotify, Amazon, Tidal/Qobuz and Apple Music would be awesome as well

Ledpistols

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone has managed to play gapless via DLNA. With BubbleUpnp I can't.

Thanks!

sacduser

Hi,
You can play gapless to Chromecast when you use an app which sends your playlist as one continuous stream. Hi-fi Cast ( Android ) does just that when you select gapless under Chromecast settings.

steve59

Major Contributor
I or has don't see a usb port so we're at the mercy of a wallwart and limited to 24/96 have the times passed me by again?

contium

Roon, DLNA and Chromecast. Yes please. Unfortunately, I'm in the US. Any plans to sell to the US?

peppermint

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone has managed to play gapless via DLNA. With BubbleUpnp I can't.

Thanks!
Hi,
You can play gapless to Chromecast when you use an app which sends your playlist as one continuous stream. Hi-fi Cast ( Android ) does just that when you select gapless under Chromecast settings.
Also tried: no gapless playback with BubbleUPnP whatsoever. Gapless DLNA menu item is not accessible (grayed out). Chromecast also not gapless.
Hifi-Cast does do gapless but only with Chromecast, so a very, very thin support base for gapless playback and - personally - a show stopper for me...

Soundwise: pretty good and pleasing; far better then a Node 2i in my humble setup.

@Basement: maybe the 'DLNA_ConnClosed' setting resolves the gapless DLNA issue. The default value '1' contributes to a minor time gap when starting/pausing tracks. When set to '0', starting/pausing tracks supposed to be instantaneously. I tried to alter the setting myself but unfortunately Telnet accessibility to the device is disabeled.
You can easily edit the 'env-item.xml' and maybe provide (us) a beta firmware or test this yourself.

Make it work!!!

Basement

Also tried: no gapless playback with BubbleUPnP whatsoever. Gapless DLNA menu item is not accessible (grayed out). Chromecast also not gapless.
Hifi-Cast does do gapless but only with Chromecast, so a very, very thin support base for gapless playback and - personally - a show stopper for me...

Soundwise: pretty good and pleasing; far better then a Node 2i in my humble setup.

@Basement: maybe the 'DLNA_ConnClosed' setting resolves the gapless DLNA issue. The default value '1' contributes to a minor time gap when starting/pausing tracks. When set to '0', starting/pausing tracks supposed to be instantaneously. I tried to alter the setting myself but unfortunately Telnet accessibility to the device is disabeled.
You can easily edit the 'env-item.xml' and maybe provide (us) a beta firmware or test this yourself.

Make it work!!!
At this point DLNA is not a supported feature.

peppermint

At this point DLNA is not a supported feature.
Sorry to see this answer; I know it is not officially supported but I think you just took the easy way out.

DLNA/UPNP support is baked in the chipset by the manufactor. As is mp3 for instance. You can't disable either of them.
The only music service that customers can always count on is their own library. Don't underestimate that.

I just saw an opportunity.

I will return the unit.

Top Bottom