• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are there any audio review sites that can be trusted.

NoMoFoNo

Have you noticed as well that reviewers and audiophools cannot miss an opportunity to remind the reader how much some piece of gear retails for? There was absolutely zero need for this ass clown to note that this DAC cost $23,380. I'm not sure who I hate more, the ass clown author, the dealer for whom he may be shilling, the manufacturers of 'audiophile' cables, or Linn for making and marketing a >$20K DAC.

Dishonorable scumbags.

QUOTE="amirm, post: 358311, member: 2"]View attachment 55810

View attachment 55809

Actually, the person to feel bad for is the one that spent $23,380 on a streamer but still needed to burn in his Ethernet cables so that it would sound its best! The heck did you pay that much for if it is not for engineering that would isolate it from such vagaries (if real)?

When you throw out common sense, anything goes......[/QUOTE]

Reactions: wje

Koeitje

Major Contributor
View attachment 55810

View attachment 55809

Actually, the person to feel bad for is the one that spent $23,380 on a streamer but still needed to burn in his Ethernet cables so that it would sound its best! The heck did you pay that much for if it is not for engineering that would isolate it from such vagaries (if real)?

When you throw out common sense, anything goes......
Yes, it looks like Linn has trouble implementing the TCP/IP protocol.

BurgerCheese

When I read shit like this I suspect they have done too much drugs. Maybe in an attempt to burn in the air.
"Can't have any of that fresh air making the sound waves all erratic. Properly burnt in air will reject bad sound, only the purest sound will propagate to your ears."

Reactions: wje

Honken

I also found the review of the Starlight ethernet cable by Wireworld to be an... interesting read. I highly recommend the comment section as well, I do not have the patience that "Absolute Zero" shows.

I still wonder why these fools haven't gone for WiFi for their streamers yet. Unlike optical, they all probably have it readily available.

WesParker

I also found the review of the Starlight ethernet cable by Wireworld to be an... interesting read. I highly recommend the comment section as well, I do not have the patience that "Absolute Zero" shows.

I still wonder why these fools haven't gone for WiFi for their streamers yet. Unlike optical, they all probably have it readily available.

Could you imagine the amount of ionizing/de-ionizing that would have to take place if they used wifi? At least with the ethernet cables, they only have to do the area near the cables...

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
WiFi causes electro-smog

WesParker

There are a lot of great parts to that review, my favorite is that all he had to do was call the cables between his router,local source, and switch "control" cables and then all of a sudden they are not part of the audio equation anymore.

Honken

Could you imagine the amount of ionizing/de-ionizing that would have to take place if they used wifi? At least with the ethernet cables, they only have to do the area near the cables...
Ah of course, why didn't I think of that.

More seriously though, some of the deluded people in those comment sections do hint that the "real" discerned difference stems from the shielding of the cable and that the "data" transmitted would be the same. So maybe they could extrapolate their own (wrongful) ideas and try wireless transmission instead. Who am I kidding they'll find some excuse to spend silly amounts of cash on some other hokus pokus thing.

I really find the condescending tone of the reviewers on that site grating. They're not only very wrong, they're also kinda dickish about it.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Absolute Zero is me. I registered with that nick after I was banned when I engaged that raging asshole that is Lavorgna over the AQ Vodka Ethernet cable.

Seem's as I ultimately won as they canned his ass.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Lasagna became rotten so they tossed it out.

Public health dept. is looking into whether it was stored properly as rotten bits were seen streaming from the cans.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's a new thread at A.S. where the poster is asking about what ethernet cables to replace existing to improve his sound... Get a measurement mic and better speakers! Jeez.

Top Bottom