• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are Infinity Reference speakers gone?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Friends,
I suggested someone Infinitely Reference floor stands without knowing that these aren’t available (probably from ling time) now.
Anyone knows anything on this please?

Thanks

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems they've gone to the wayside from what I can tell....got a RC263 a few years ago and were unavailable not long after and noticed that with many other models. Some car stuff still around, tho.

darthe

Yes Infinity (owned by Harmon, which owned by Samsung) has exited Infinity from home speakers, they are now the entry/midlevel car audio only party of Harmon

Bang & Olufsen, JBL and Revel are the only brands making Home Speakers in the Harmon group.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Seems they've gone to the wayside from what I can tell....got a RC263 a few years ago and were unavailable not long after and noticed that with many other models. Some car stuff still around, tho.
Thanks

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Yes Infinity (owned by Harmon, which owned by Samsung) has exited Infinity from home speakers, they are now the entry/midlevel car audio only party of Harmon

Bang & Olufsen, JBL and Revel are the only brands making Home Speakers in the Harmon group.
Thanks

JSmith

Master Contributor
Infinitely Reference floor stands
... have been owned by Harman since 1983, which is now a subsidiary of Samsung.

JSmith

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
... have been owned by Harman since 1983, which is now a subsidiary of Samsung.

JSmith
Just very limited marketing/sales?

Mikig

I went to look too,
Only cars and boats. What a shame, Infinity produced some iconic speakers…if I think back to the 80s and 90s…

JSmith

Master Contributor
Just very limited marketing/sales?
Yes, it seems production has ceased;
This item is currently not available.
All sites for purchase showing not in stock or discontinued.

JSmith

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Nope. Harman (which is owned by Samsung) acquired the automotive division of B&O in 2015. They did not acquire the main audio or other portions of B&O.

"HARMAN Completes Acquisition of Bang & Olufsen’s Automotive Audio Business"​

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nope. Harman (which is owned by Samsung) acquired the automotive division of B&O in 2015. They did not acquire the main audio or other portions of B&O.

"HARMAN Completes Acquisition of Bang & Olufsen’s Automotive Audio Business"​

So how does Infinity brand mix in here?

middlemarch

Forum Donor
So maybe that explains why the audio in my 2023 Audi is so great. It's labeled as a B&O system, just the midline one. But it's just amazing sound quality. I wonder how many other car systems are Harman under the hood.

Sonny1

I regret only buying one pair of the bookshelf version, the 5.25” woofer version. They sound way better than I expected and were dirt cheap. Have been looking for another pair locally but every one I see is more than double the close out price I paid new.

Top Bottom