• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 260 78.8%

• Total voters

staticV3

Master Contributor
I have the SMSL C200 and the Topping E 30. Can I connect them, maby in USB, one dac and the other pre amp?(i use pc and sony,end amp)
Both are Digital in -> Analog out. You cannot connect them to each other.

For that to work, one of them would have to have an analog input, or a digital output. Neither does.

hifime

I have the SMSL C200 and the Topping E 30. Can I connect them, maby in USB, one dac and the other pre amp?(i use pc and sony,end amp)
both of them only have the same digital inputs -- usb, coax, optical -- so I don't think you can chain them

SergeiF

Если я переключусь с USB на оптический, потеряю ли качество звука? c200

DarrylG

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Если я переключусь с USB на оптический, потеряю ли качество звука? c200
There is no difference:

index.php

hifime

For the record my C200 is working perfectly through my monitor’s built in USB dock. Which means single cable connection to my monitor, providing charging and audio through the C200
Wait, do you mean to say you can power the C200 with USB C?

What happens when your monitor goes into standby? Or do you always have the display on?

christaras

Is there an option to choose the inputs between speakers and headphones? if anyone can answer cause i am ready to order. Thanks in advance.

Joffy1780

You can choose to output to headphones or line out, but not simultaneously.

Joffy1780

DarrylG

Planning to pair with edition xs. What is the power at 18ohm?
Amir measured 1.45 watts power output into 33 ohms. SMSL advertises it as 2.6 watts into 16 ohms.

Last edited:

hifime

Anyone else experiences headphone out just stopping for no apparent reason? The source continues to play, so USB isn't disconnected. Only way to fix is to stop playback, turn off C200 and back on

DarrylG

Anyone else experiences headphone out just stopping for no apparent reason? The source continues to play, so USB isn't disconnected. Only way to fix is to stop playback, turn off C200 and back on
I haven't. I don't know what could cause that to happen spontaneously.

hifime

I haven't. I don't know what could cause that to happen spontaneously.
Thanks for responding. What source are you using? USB, spdif, etc. 6.5mm or 4.4mm connection? (I have the same problem in both, actually).

I searched the thread and seems a couple people have had this problem, but who knows if it's caused by the same thing, or even if it's the same problem as I'm having.

Wonder if it's my setup or I'm just unlucky.

Last edited:
Top Bottom