• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 260 78.8%

• Total voters

SergeiF

У меня такая же проблема, но только с одним ПК: остальные работают без нареканий.
СМСЛ отправил мне ссылку на обновление прошивки, но ничего не изменилось.
Я попробовал SMSL DO100, и во время записи он издает такие же интеллектуалы/хлопки.
Если я удаляю драйвер TheSycon из SMSL и использую встроенный в Windows 11 драйвер USB Audio Class 2, ученых и хлопков больше не будет, но скорость пропуска треков замедляется, и я слышу небольшие шумы между треками и переход на другой. тот же трек.
Теперь я связался с SMSL, чтобы решить проблему: я отправил им запись вывода C200 со своими интеллектуалами и интеллектуалами.
Сегодня я обнаружил, что проблема возникает только тогда, когда я использую адаптер Intel A200 WiFi 6 на ПК.
Жду поездку из Китая, хочу отсоединиться от USB с помощью оптического разъема. По идее, нужно убрать весь шум и немного снизить нагрузку на процессор ПК.
напишу здесь свой результат

LukeA

Channel on balanced out has now failed. The C200 lasted me 9 months. Amazon Australia only takes returns for 45 days on it too.

My advice now is to steer clear.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Channel on balanced out has now failed. The C200 lasted me 9 months. Amazon Australia only takes returns for 45 days on it too.

My advice now is to steer clear.
You should still have some form of warranty

subframe

I've had C200 for a little under 4 week. It sounds fine. The samplerate display is stuck at 44.1kHz, though it plays other samplerates correctly. Even more concerning, after switching from Line out to Headphone out, it sometimes stops playing audio altogether, and some combination of power cycling and changing outputs is required to get it working again.

Luckily I'm still in my return window, but yeah, that didn't go well. Don't think I'll be buying any more smsl stuff.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The samplerate display is stuck at 44.1kHz, though it plays other samplerates correctly.
The samplerate display will only update if you enable bit-perfect audio transmission
-via ASIO or Wasapi Exclusive on Windows
-via UAPP/Neutron/Hiby/FiiO on Android
-via LosslessSwitcher on Mac

Otherwise, your OS will resample all audio to one uniform sample rate before transmitting it to the DAC, resulting in the DAC always displaying the same sample rate.

subframe

The samplerate display will only update if you enable bit-perfect audio transmission
-via ASIO or Wasapi Exclusive on Windows
-via UAPP/Neutron/Hiby/FiiO on Android
-via LosslessSwitcher on Mac

Otherwise, your OS will resample all audio to one uniform sample rate before transmitting it to the DAC, resulting in the DAC always displaying the same sample rate.
Ah, thanks. I’m used to working in DAWs where sample rate is controlled within the software.

Wembley

Just a quick question to be sure: the C200 has TRS out but not TRRS, correct?

diddly

Hi,

Will the headphone amp drive the Hifiman Sundara headphones ok? I also have a some Sennheiser HD650's. Ordered one of these to replace the Rode AI-1 interface I use with the laptop as a cheap solution as the Rode just isn't up to much.

Cheers

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi,

Will the headphone amp drive the Hifiman Sundara headphones ok? I also have a some Sennheiser HD650's. Ordered one of these to replace the Rode AI-1 interface I use with the laptop as a cheap solution as the Rode just isn't up to much.

Cheers
Yes.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Hi,

Cheers

The C200 should drive the Hifiman Sundara headphones ok. Amir measured the Sundara as slightly less sensitive than the HD650's and had no trouble driving the HD650's with the C200

diddly

The C200 should drive the Hifiman Sundara headphones ok. Amir measured the Sundara as slightly less sensitive than the HD650's and had no trouble driving the HD650's with the C200
Cheers. Thats good to know anyway.

Tano

Hi,

Cheers
Should drive both with ease, so don't worry.

obsessive9119

I've had my C200 for a few weeks and have been enjoying it. I mostly use an iPad (with Neutron) as a source via USB, and it all works perfectly.

I tried to hook and Android phone up via USB and the phone seems to freeze up and doesn't recognize it. I've tried switching to USB 1.1 but no change. I also tried a different Android phone and had the same issue.

I've used other USB DACs (like the Fiio BTR5) with the same phone with no problems.

Are there any other settings I can try tweaking, either on the phone or C200?

hifime

Just got one used from Amazon and the 4.4 balanced out has sound only in left ear.

Arggh. Bad unit or is there a setting / firmware update to fix it?

I know it's the same as the 3.5mm out but I already have a nicer-than-stock 4.4 cable and it makes it easier to A/B with my dongle DAC, which has more power on balanced out.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Just got one used from Amazon and the 4.4 balanced out has sound only in left ear.

Arggh. Bad unit or is there a setting / firmware update to fix it?

I know it's the same as the 3.5mm out but I already have a nicer-than-stock 4.4 cable and it makes it easier to A/B with my dongle DAC, which has more power on balanced out.
Unless the cable wasn't properly inserted it sounds like the connector is faulty
No firmware should fix problems like this

tim5

I have the SMSL C200 and the Topping E 30. Can I connect them, maby in USB, one dac and the other pre amp?(i use pc and sony,end amp)

Top Bottom