• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone seen these "Aimpire" Topping Copies/Fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Otherwise, audio companies are more than happy to let consumers think they are the designers. For example, Emotiva amps were designed by Tonewinner. And later their Airmotiv Pro speakers turned out to be a slight redesign of a speaker already produced by a Chinese factory. I'm not saying this in any way diminishes the quality of the product, but rather to make the point that audio vendors love to allow consumers to think themselves the designers of Chinese manufactured products when they may not be.

This is true even for a lot of "high end" brands. If you look at the service manuals for Primare gear, for example, they're designed by Hansong (Nanjing) Technology Ltd.

0bs3rv3r

You guys are so shallow. Smh. If you go against them, they will copy more of your products and perhaps destroy you through other methods. For a company that designs product you don't spend energy on stuff like this.

People in the west always complicate things that are super simple and do not understand the complication of other things. Just stop. Unless you actually design stuff, sell stuff and had experienced the atmosphere the society in China, you will never know what's going on. We moved on and put our bets on better, newer, more competitive products.

This gives me some valuable insights into the way it works. Thank you.

Strange that one of the reasons the west invented patent and copyright laws was to ensure it was worthwhile for the inventor/creator, and so promote activities that advanced our technology and culture and society in general. Here we see that advancement happening, at higher speed, precisely because of the lack of those same laws.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This gives me some valuable insights into the way it works. Thank you.

Strange that one of the reasons the west invented patent and copyright laws was to ensure it was worthwhile for the inventor/creator, and so promote activities that advanced our technology and culture and society in general. Here we see that advancement happening, at higher speed, precisely because of the lack of those same laws.

Well these “advancements” can feel a bit artifice in the audio business, why these new DAC’s all the time ? It’s new products cool but does it really advances technology ?

I like the mentality of some of the classical audio brands that did not change a product until it was necessary or that new available tech and components really provided and advantage.

I think it became evident even when the Japanese mfg dominated, new models every year , but they where very similar to last years model some buttons moved around new styling all to keep up image of things “developing “ and “mowing forward” . Real progress is much slower than the frantic product cycles we see now.

It’s almost comical the rate of new DAC brands or new model popping up all the time . And yes dac’s ? That’s probably the most transparent and accurate part of most people’s audio chains anyway and people change them as often as underwear :D for no real benefit.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
That’s probably the most transparent and accurate part of most people’s audio chains anyway and people change them as often as underwear :D for no real benefit.

My favourite D/A converter is from 1991. Thankfully my underpants are changed more often than that... ;)

0bs3rv3r

Well these “advancements” can feel a bit artifice in the audio business, why these new DAC’s all the time ? It’s new products cool but does it really advances technology ?

I was thinking in MUCH broader terms.

jasonq997

Forum Donor
The different manufacturers probably use the same factories. Someone probably decided to make a slightly cheaper version secretly during overtime hours using mostly the same parts. You hear about this with different Chinese clone versions of Japanese and Western branded products that are assembled in Chinese factories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom